burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

These Were The 7 Trending Costumes At The 2018 Brazilian Carnival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Whether your carnival is jumping on a beach, at a party, or enjoying a street block, costumes always make it fun! Here are some inspirations for you to enjoy – and the 7 trending costumes at this year Brazilian carnival.

Trending Carnival Costumes

1. Unicorn

Image source: Instagram/Samambaia

With a pink tulle skirt, rainbow or any color of your choice + a tiara with a horn and cute ears well decorated, you can become the most cute unicorn of the street!

2. Mermaid

Image source: Instagram/laisgoch and RioEtc

A lot of paetê, blue colors, pearls, shells and glitter and you become the most beautiful mermaid of the carnival!

3. Wonder Woman 

Image source: ABC de Beleza and Instagram/aninhabonilha

With a blue skirt and a body with the Wonder Woman symbol, you can copy this girl power costume!

4. Fruits

Image source: Pinterest 

And why not be a colorful pineapple for the carnival? With a T-shirt + yellow skirt and a head piece of leaves you inspire yourself to be a colorful fruit!

5. Lifeguard 

Image source: Instagram/gabrielamag_ and Me Conta Tudo Amiga!

With a red swimsuit and a whistle you can save your carnival!

6. Carmen Miranda 

Image source: Intagram/Samambaia

With a very flashy head piece + a set of blouse and skirt with lots of flowers, you can become this Brazilian symbol!

7. Clown 

Image source: RioEtc

And how about mixing the most colorful pieces of your wardrobe and putting on a fun clown costume?

With all these beautiful costumes, it will be very difficult for you not to look beautiful in this carnival! 

Catarina Borsari

Casper Libero

Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows.