Style > Fashion

The shine of the Brazilian influencers and designers at the New York Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

At one of the most important fashion events of the year, Brazil made a memorable passage.

The New York Fashion Week happened between September 7th and 13th, and it is such a key event in the Fashion Calendar. Brazilian designers and influencers who create fashion content on social media left a memorable impact on the occasion, showing the Brazilian essence to the world.

The importance of NYFW in the fashion world

Born in 1903, Eleanor Lambert is the woman behind New York’s consolidation as a fashion capital. The Fashion publicist moved to the Big Apple in 1925, to begin her career in publicity. Years later, Eleanor was one of the crucial figures in establishing the New York Dress Institute, but the innovations continued. In 1943, during World War II, she inaugurated Press Week, a primitive precursor to the Fashion Week. Nevertheless, the primary reason for the creation of American Fashion Week was the opportunity to set trends and rules in fashion, however, the worldwide epicenter of fashion, was under German occupation.

Eleanor had a perfect marketing plan that established NYFW as a phenomenon. She chose just one location, The Plaza Hotel, and invited only the press, forcing shoppers to schedule visits to view the designs making America finally be taken seriously as a fashion center to the world. The first edition of the NYFW held two years later, led an American businesswoman, Ruth Filler, to create the Fashion Calendar, ensuring a schedule for the annual fashion shows. It was so essential that it was later acquired by the CFDA.

Concept, trends, and beauty: Brazilian designers don’t mess around 

PatBo 

PatBo was the only Brazilian brand on the Fashion Calendar. The line created a stunning summer collection called “Tropicália”, inspired by a Brazilian cultural movement of the second half of the 1960s. The movement consisted of incorporating foreign elements, such as an electric guitar, into Brazilian culture.

The designer created a beautiful collection that translated Brazilian culture brilliantly. Using Brazilian craftsmanship with embroidery, fringes and beads, along with vibrant and eye-catching colors, Patrícia Bonaldi made history during New York Fashion Week.

PatBo at NYFW

Mirror Palais

The Mirror Palais brand, by the Brazilian designer, Marcelo Gaia, went viral on TikTok due to its sensual and Latin aesthetic. Since then, the brand has become a success between celebrities, like Hailey Bieber and Cindy Kimberly. And with the collaboration of model Emily Ratajkowski, the brand has set trends. 

At the NYFW they created a spring-summer collection called Sensual Bloom. Incorporating a lot of textures and pastel colors, the show was a fusion of boldness and delicacy with a vintage aesthetic.

The brand is an expert in crafting clothes that will be a hit with the young public, and at the NYFW they did that masterfully

Mirror Palais at NYFW

Brazilian influencers slayed at the fashion shows

The fashion world is becoming increasingly beloved by influencers in Brazil. With the growth of Fashion TikTok, the arrival of girls and boys creating fashion content like GRWM (Get Ready With Me) and fancy unboxing videos, made the country get recognized by fashionistas, receiving more and more likes. So having these Brazilian influencers present at one of the most important events in the fashion industry is remarkable.

Malu Borges

Even with legendary Brazilian models such as Gisele Bündchen, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio leaving their legacy in fashion history, the Brazilian “it girls” are still striving to find their place in the industry. For this reason, the guests slayed on their outfits, creating memorable moments on the red carpet.

“𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓲𝓭 🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️
For PATBO 🇧🇷
NYFW”

For the PatBo fashion show, a Brazilian brand that rocked the fashion week this year, the queen of GRWM opted for a form-fitting dress with floral stitching that mixes the colors purple and pink, creating a whimsical mermaid-inspired aesthetic. This is confirmed by her purse, which adds the perfect finishing touch to her look.

Jordanna Maia

“Arriving at @carolinaherrera ♥️📸
#nyfw #newyorkfashionweek

Our favorite preppy girl on the fashion TikTok chose a gorgeous fluid dress for the Carolina Herrera show. The colors and the floral pattern were the perfect choice, translating the joyful Latin aesthetic of the brand, which harkens back to its Venezuelan founder.

Reis Rodrigues

“Ainda sobre ontem! #nyfw @patbo

Reis Rodrigues is a fashion influencer and also a social scientist, such an icon. For the PatBo fashion show, she chose a businesswoman’s outfit, featuring a bold combination of a yellow shirt and a blazer, paired with purple shiny pants and a stunning green bag. Her black power and sunglasses created the perfect confident girl look.

Gkay

“QUEM VE CLOSE NÃO VE QUEDA 😂😂😂😂😂😂 #NYFW

The Brazilian comedian who became a fashionista made a memorable moment at the Michael Kors show. Making everyone on the red carpet laugh, Gkay fell into a plantbed as the paparazzi were taking pictures of her. Besides that, her look was so beautiful, wearing a full brown look and a trendy necklace.

————————–

The article above was edited by Julia Tortoriello.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Giulia Giampietro

Casper Libero '26

Estudante de Jornalismo na Faculdade Cásper Líbero e viciada em livros de romance, Taylor Swift e gatinhos <3 Adorando escrever sobre cultura pop e universo feminino.