This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The Met Gala 2022 happened earlier this week on May 2nd and this year’s theme was “In America: An Anthology of Fashion”, having “Gilded Glamour” as the dress code. This time, the event was hosted by Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Regina King, joined by honorary co-chairs Anna Wintour, Tom Ford, Adam Mosseri. This year served as a second part to last year’s theme “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion”.

And as always, the guests served us the best red carpet looks to comment on and admire for years to come. To remember a little bit of this iconic night for the fashion world, we selected some of the best looks of the Met Gala. Check it out:

Blake Lively

Blake Lively, one of the event’s hosts, did not disappoint with a stunning Versace Atelier gown. At first it was a bronze dress with a pink bow on the side. Later as she walked up the stairs, the bow was taken off revealing a beautiful blue tail, inspired by the Statue of Liberty and New York City’s architecture.

Billie Eilish

Billie went to the Met with Gucci this year, dressed in a beautiful corset dress, with green lace sleeves and a purple flower in the middle. Since the singer always speaks up about environmental matters, the gown was made out of upcycling – or to simplify, from pre-existing materials – so it could be as eco-friendly as possible.

Lizzo

Lizzo went wearing a black dress, but what made her shine was her black coat with golden details hand-embroidered by Thom Browne, a work that took 22 thousand hours to finish. To complement the amazing look, she also brought a unique accessory to the red carpet: her flute.

Kendall Jenner

Kendall understood the assignment by wearing a Prada two-piece set. She brought the Gilded Age look with a voluminous black skirt as she gave the outfit a modern touch by wearing transparency on the top.

Joe Jonas

Joe went in a Louis Vuitton white-tailed jacket that had details to match his black trousers, matching sets like this one were really common in the 1800s. In addition, to give a different touch to the look, he wore a black and white lace shirt underneath.

Rosalía

The Spanish singer wore a glamorous Givenchy gown, full of crystals and a mix of fabrics, including leather and silk. The sleeves brought volume to the dress and she also wore gloves to complement the look.

Shawn Mendes

Partnering with Tommy Hilfiger, the singer wore a dark blue suit and an upcycled blue coat with red and gold details, making him look like a Disney prince. In addition, he had his nails painted blue with the Tommy Hilfiger logo on one of them.

Evan Mock

Attending the met gala for the second time, the Gossip Girl (reboot) star wore a white and cream outfit, with low-rise trousers and a coat that reminds you of a corset. The look was made by Head of State along with Cartier jewellery.

Anitta

The Brazilian singer wore a strapless purple Moschino gown, designed by Jeremy Scott. On the details, Anitta didn’t hold back on the pearls, wearing them all over the dress, her necklace and earrings.

Madelaine Petsch

Also in Moschino, the “Riverdale” actress showed up in a mermaid type yellow dress with puff sleeves, something present in most dresses from the Gilded Age, and long gloves, an accessory often used at formal events from that time.

_________________________

The article above was edited by Rafaela Bertolini.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Líbero home page for more!

Maria Esther Cortez

Casper Libero '25

Journalism student. Passionate about culture, movies, art and music. I love to travel and explore different parts of the world.