Terrible Break-Ups: Famous Couples That We Still Don’t Believe That Are No Longer Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Some famous couples really get into our hearts. As soon as they start dating, the fans start shipping and thinking about their future. But sometimes things don’t happen as we wish and when those perfect couples break up, it’s hard to believe that it happened. Here are 7 famous couples that we still don´t believe that they are no longer together.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt

The marriage of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt ended in 2016, after being 2 years together.

They met each other in 2004, and started dating in 2005, after acting in the movie “Mr. & Mrs. Smith”. In 2012, they decided to marry. During the marriage, Jolie and Brad both adopted and had biological children.  So, we can say that their break up was terrible and we still don´t believe that they are not together anymore.

Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev

The fans of “The Vampire Diaries” cheered up, in 2010, when they figured out that Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev were together. Both of them are known for being protagonists of the series. They played Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert, respectively.

However, after 3 years of relationship, they broke up,and some fans still don’t believe that it happened. Ian Somerhalder started dating Nikki Reed- the actress who played Rosalie Hale in “The Twilight Saga”- in 2014- one year after the break up with Nina. Besides, Ian and Nikki married in 2015 and they have 1 daughter nowadays.

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth

The relationship between Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth lasted 10 years. They met each other in the while recordings of the movie “The Last Song”, but after sometime they broke up. 

Recently, they dated again and even got married. Miley has written some songs about him, but, unfortunately, their relationship ended. The break up came in 2019, even though Cyrus still likes Liam.

Sam Smith and Brandon Flynn

The singer Sam Smith and the actor from “Thirteen reasons why”, Brandon Flynn, have broken the fans´s hearts when they announce they were no longer together. 

They dated for 8 months and broke up in 2018. Despite it has been almost 3 years since the end of the relationship, we still hope they decide to make up. 

Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart

“Riverdale” is a series that brought together the two actors: Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart. 

Cole Sprouse is known since he was little for doing “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody”. Those who watched this Tv Show grew up with Cole, and when “Riverdale” started, the watchers have already shipped Cole- who played Jughead- with Lili – who played Betty Cooper. 

Then, in 2017, they started dating, but in 2020 they broke up. The fans of the series have gotten sad about it, however we can still ship their characters in the series.

Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron

We already know that Gabriella Montez and Troy Bolton made make a beautiful couple in “High School Musical”. Then, the relationship of Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron- the actors of this trilogy- were so commented on and the fans loved it. 

They started dating before the release of the first movie, in 2005, but they broke up after 5 years, in 2010. Hudgens is dating the baseball player Cole Tucker,  and Zac is dating the model Vanessa Valladares, nowadays.

Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson

The iconic dramatic saga “Twilight” is known until today, after more than 10 years. The love triangle between the characters Isabella Swan, Edward Cullen and Jacob Black was what made the movies so famous. 

Kristen Stewart- who played Bella- and Robert Pattinson- who played Edward- shocked the viewers of the saga, when they started the relationship, in 2009. However, the fans weren’t expecting that this couple would break up in 2012, after Stewart was spotted with another man.

—————————————————————————

The article above was edited by Helena Leite 

Like this type of content? Follow Her Campus Cásper Líbero for more 

Camilla Guerreiro

Casper Libero '24

Camilla is studying Journalism at Cásper Líbero. She is passionate about books, series, music and traveling.