This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Sometimes we imagine our vacations as perfect, but in the end, it turns out just the opposite. We waste money in silly stuff, we miss the bus or can’t move around that easily, we don’t eat in good restaurants, or even worse, we don’t understand what the other people are saying because they don’t speak anything near you native language. 

All of those things can be avoided with a good organization. I’m going to tell you some of my favorite tips, I can’t guarantee your that your trip will be perfect, because unexpected things happen and we are not able to see the future yet. However, I’m sure you will be able to relax a little more. 

1. Where do you want to go?

First of all: make up your mind, be specific, don’t just say “Oh, I want to go to England”, say it “I want to stay in Oxford”. Choose the city, and if is a place with sea and a lot of beaches, make a good research and pick the one you are most interest by. After that, I recommend you start looking for the prices of the coin and the taxes. 

If you wish to go to a place that is expensive by itself, why don’t you consider staying in a hostel? Or trying to share a room with friends, or even, maybe, rent it an Airbnb?

2. What do you want to do? 

This topic is really important for you to separate your money. Make a list of all the places you want to visit and things you would like to do. And, please, search the prices of each one. That way, you will be able to measure the impact on your bank account, and if necessary, make some choices and stay with the ones you like the most. 

On this part of the plan, you must have arranged by now the place you are going to stay and the people you are going with. Why is that important? There are a lot of promotions for groups, so it might be worth it sharing the trip with people that you like. 

3. What do you want to buy? 

Yes, this question will come up eventually. Even though you are planning on not spending a single cent, I must tell you, you should have a backup. You never know if your lugged gets lost and you have to spend a night on a hotel, or buy yourself some clothes. For your own safety, go with a amount just for insurance, it doesn’t have to be much. 

The same goes for you that is willing to buy lots of things. Before you just arrive and start buying everything that is new, why don’t you make a list (again, I know I’m the crazy lists chick) of the stuff that is already on your radar, which means, what you really want to buy. That way, when you get there, you will know the amount you have left to spend with other things. 

4. What do you want to eat?

Unless you are planning to stay on a isolated island, you should search a little bit about the kind of food you are willing to eat. The typical food might not be what you always dreamed of, in that case, you must have already looked for restaurants and their prices. If you don’t do that, the chances of spending much more money on foods that you haven’t planned are high. 

5. And where do you want to eat? 

But, if you are traveling with the idea of tasting every single restaurant around, i would say: go for it. For me, there is nothing better then knowing the country through the food. I would just say, to avoid making some mistakes and be fooled around, is better to know each and every place your want to have your meal while doing your preparation. That way, you can enjoy the place even more. 

But, most important thing of all tips: don’t forget to have fun!

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Casper Libero for more!

Carolina Rodrigues

Casper Libero '21

I'm a journalist that is trying to discover new things. I had great international experiences and would like to share my thoughts, and I will also write about everything that I find interesting. Hope you all like it.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.