Career

Success is in the air: get to know We Candle, handmade scented candle brand that surprises with innovation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Arriving at home after a stressful day and taking some time for yourself is amazing! But have you ever thought of perfuming this relaxing moment? Scented candles got famous on TikTok and have already made their debut in self-care videos of many influencers. Now, the beloved ‘gringo’ product arrived in Brazil and some stores insisted on increasing the production of the merchandise a little.

This is the case of We Candle (@wecandle), a scented candle brand founded by Mariana Chen and her mother, Fabiana. Together, both of them intend to elevate the mood of anyone with their remarkable products. Fabiana and her daughter have Japanese ancestry and seek to bring an oriental touch to their fragrances. 

“Our fun and daring reflections turn into unusual candles to transform any mood, as they were always inspired by the eastern side. We want to bring exclusive olfactory experiences to the public”, says Mariana.

With unique aromas like Matcha Latte, Sakura Bloom and Strawberry & Champagne, the brand amazes their clients by the daring fragrances. The best-selling candles goes to Pech and Cream, which, according to Mariana, is the public’s favorite. 

We Candle also worries with environmental issues and because of that they launched candle refills. According to Chen, she and her mother were worried about the quantity of candle jars that were thrown out when they finished burning. Joining this to the brand’s purpose of helping people embark on an ecological journey, came the idea of creating the product.

“We [Mariana and Fabiana] alway liked candles not only because of the fragrances but also to decorate the house. However, there came a time when we had nothing to do with so many empty glasses lying around the house. Thus, we sought a practical and ecological solution through the Vela We Candle refills, where we no longer need to throw away our beautiful cups.”

The entrepreneur explains that the products are handiwork made and with a lot of love. Mariana is responsible for the marketing, social network and website, whereas her mother is in charge of the financial, logistical and administrative parts. When it comes to getting your hands dirty, no one is left out: Mariana explained that both work on creating collections and making candles, which are 100% handmade.

“Since it is a totally handmade job, we have to do practically everything by hand, from assembling the cotton wick for each candle to pouring one by one into our candle cups by hand. This is all done with a lot of love and dedication”, she says.

🕯️ Related: We Candle: Muito além de velas, uma experiência olfativa, única e exclusiva

————–

This article above was translated by Bárbara Castro and edited by Ysadhora Medeiros.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Hello! My name is Giovanna, I am 20 years old and I am from São Paulo. I love to write and always use all of my creativity in it! Hope you have enjoyed my articles!