Harry Potter World Hogwarts
Harry Potter World Hogwarts
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Star Wars, Harry Potter And More: 5 Theme Park Attractions Inspired By Fictional Universes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Reading books and watching movies or series will always be a pleasure for those who love to enter imaginary universes. But none of this compares to the possibility of going to a theme park and feeling that you are, in fact, fighting villains, visiting exotic places, flying in a spaceship, or saving the world just like your favorite character does. With that in mind, keep reading to get to know five attractions inspired by fictional universes and to discover some new attractions that will open in 2021.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

In Orlando at the Universal Studios Resort’s Island of Adventure park, you will find the attractions related to the world created by author J.K Rowling, in the incredible “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter”. However, one of the attractions that catches the most attention of fans is the well-known Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

The ride begins with a view of the beautiful Hogwarts, with lots of realistic details just like a truly royal castle. Upon entering, the tourists find scenarios and figures from the universe of the saga, such as Dumbledore’s Room, the talking frames and even the Sorting Hat. The waiting line is already the beginning of the attraction itself.

Meanwhile, the visitors discover a story in which the protagonists – Harry, Ron and Hermione – decided to miss a class and go for a walk. Right after that, they enter in a simulator that makes them dive even more into the universe, feeling like they are flying over a broom, fighting dragons and many other things. It is a ride that pleases both fans and those who do not know the saga very well.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Disney Parks are well known for their care with the richness of details in a cinematic scale. So, when Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened in 2019 the expansion of the area for the Star Wars universe, creating the ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’, fans got very excited.

But one of the most anticipated attractions was the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. In the ride, visitors receive a mission for the Resistance, against the First Order. However, the plan fails and the mission ship is captured by the followers of the villain Kylo Ren. Even with the foreseeable ending of the Resistance’s victory, the attraction itself is far from predictable.

With breathtaking scenarios, very realistic spaceships, an amazing view of 50 stormtroopers waiting for you and the surprising participation of characters from the saga, this attraction can make anyone fall in love with Star Wars.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong

The world of King Kong has already conquered thousands of people with its story, so the Island of Adventure park decided to bring this universe to visitors with the energetic attraction Skull Island: Reign of Kong.

When entering the waiting line, tourists are already immersed in the world of the giant gorilla. However, when they are invited to get on the safari bus to embark on the adventure, the excitement increases.

A 3D simulator allows visitors to watch lots of scenes that make them meet more exotic creatures from this world, including a fight between King Kong and some dinosaurs. That is why this ride attracts any public that is curious about an adventure.

Avatar Flight of Passage

Only those who have watched Avatar know about the exuberant beauties of Pandora’s World. But those who haven’t seen the movie can venture into them through the ride Avatar Flight of Passage, a 3D simulator located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

In it, the audience is taken to a brand-new experience: flying in a banshee, an exotic creature from this world. Even before the main attraction, visitors already begin to know more about this universe through the breathtaking surroundings.

With huge and gorgeous trees and a beautiful landscape, there is a feeling of being, in fact, experiencing the reality of the movie. The ride is one of the favorite experiences of those who visit the park.

Jurassic Park River Adventure

The universe of Jurassic Park is a favorite for many people, making them imagine what it would be like if there really was a park with dinosaurs nowadays. Therefore, Universal Studios Resort’s recreated this idea for fans to feel the thrill of being in there.

In the Jurassic Park River Adventure attraction, the visitors are taken on a boat trip around the world of these huge creatures, but halfway something goes wrong. The boat enters the restricted area, coming face to face with the terrible T-Rex, one of the most feared dinosaurs, having a single option to plunge into the dark.

The attraction is very pleasing from the nostalgic fans and the younger ones, as it is a very detailed and realistic immersion.

Disney’s attractions for 2021

For this year, the park Magic Kingdom has announced the arrival of one of Shanghai’s Disneyland most popular attractions, the TRON Lightcycle Run, in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort. Inspired by the universe of Tron, a 1982 movie, the ride promises to please fans of the classic. The rollercoaster will have a different style, with a motorcycle as the vehicle, just like the characters used in the movies. It will also present a beautiful show of lights and technology that will make anyone curious to learn more about this universe.

Another surprise that cheered lots of fans around the world was announcement of the new Marvel area for June 4th, the Avengers Campus, at the Disney California Adventure Park. The space will have many attractions from the universe, but the one that most aroused curiosity in fans was the WEB Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure. With recordings of the actor who plays the hero, Tom Holland, the intention of the ride is to make visitors experience what it is like to have the powers of Spiderman.

———————————————-

The article above was edited by Julia Queiroz.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Gianne Oliveira

Casper Libero '24

22 years Journalism student at Cásper Líbero Great passion for music, art and books