Tom Holland as Spider-Man
Tom Holland as Spider-Man
Marvel Studios

Spider-Man 3: What Can We Expect From The Movie?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

On February 23rd, Tom Holland, Zendaya and Jacob Batalon (a.k.a the main cast of Spider-Man), posted on their Instagram fake names to the third movie of Spider-Man. Each of them wrote a different name to the next movie pranking the fans, that also created many theories based on the fake titles.

After this all the buzz created online, the official title was revealed as Spider-Man: No Way Home. This title reveal video plays with the fact that Tom is known for giving spoilers and that’s why the director gave fake names to the cast. But, what can we expect from this next movie?

We all know that since Iron Man’s death, Peter Parker had to grow a lot and learn to make his own decisions without the support from our dear Tony Stark. In this sequence we might see the evolution of Spider-Man, especially now that the world knows who he is behind the mask. Besides that, our friend of the neighborhood is also going to have a new mentor: Doctor Strange. The character is confirmed on Spider-Man 3 and we can’t wait to see what he is going to teach in this next movie.

The post-credit scene of “Spider-Man: Far From Home” shows that the villain Mysterio reveals to the whole world the real identity of Spider-Man but lies by telling everyone that the hero attacked him. After that, what will happen to Tom Holland’s character? Peter Parker will probably face several consequences of the reveal of his identity, like the judgment of others and the lack of security of those who are close to him.

The movie might also present the spider verse, especially now that Doctor Strange is going to be in the sequence. The rumors about the spider verse started with the appearance of the actor J.K Simmons that played the journalist J. Jonah Jameson in Tobey Maguire’s version of Spider-Man. His appearance can be just an easter-egg or maybe it can be something more.

We also know that other characters from other Spider-Man versions are confirmed, like the return of Doctor Octopus played by Alfred Molina and Electro played by Jamie Foxx. After the confirmation of the presence of these actors in the movie, many fans theorized about the sequence bringing Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield back as Spider-Man from other universes. Even though this would be great, the current Peter Parker interpreter denied the rumours.

Knowing that this movie will have two villains confirmed, we are left with a doubt in our heads: who is going to be the next huge villain of the sequence?

Right now, the only clues we have about the story are three photos that the cast posted along with the fake titles. In these pictures we can see Peter, MJ and Ned together in a room looking up to something. Other pictures shows them looking worried by seeing something in a computer. What are they doing in this place? Are they hiding from other people? 

Tom Holland said in an interview that “Spider-Man: No Way Home” is the most ambitious movie of a superhero that he has ever seen. So, we probably can expect an evolution of Peter Parker, such as a big expansion in MCU with new villains and characters coming up. The film is due to go out in theaters on December 17th of this year.

———————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Carolina Rodrigues.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Maria Luiza Dantas

Casper Libero '23

Love writing, reading, music, movies.