Spas in São Paulo: Options to Have a Day Off in the City that Doesn’t Stop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

College, work, family, friends, relationships, health, money: there are so many responsibilities and tasks in our daily life that we ended up taking everything into the automatic. However, it’s also important to take some time to rest, take care of your body and relieve tensions. 

What about have a look at some options of spas in São Paulo to take a day-off with a good cost-benefit? Check out the list bellow!

• Buddha Spa

Photo Credit: Buddha Spa’s website

The Buddha Spa is the biggest Urban spa network: there are 28 units throughout Brazil and 15 of them are in the capital of São Paulo. Its priority is its client’s well-being, providing this through its services, environment and attendance.

The services offered are divided in two categories: “Beauty and Aesthetics” and “Well-being and Relaxing”. The first one includes drainage, exfoliation and skin cleaning. Sessions range from 30 to 90 minutes and prices are around R$ 120. The second category offers different kinds of massages, body therapies, stretching and immersion baths. Some services can be performed in couples. Sessions range from 15 to 90 minutes and the prices are from R$ 90 to 220. 

Additionally, the Buddha Spa offers special packages for commemorative dates (just like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s day, among others). Day Spa packages which include many services, can be performed individually or in couples, range from 3 to 5 hours and their prices are a little higher, but it is worth it due to the amount of services that the package includes.

For more information, check out Buddha Spa’s website.

• Spa Urbano São Paulo

Photo Credit: Spa Urbano São Paulo’s website

The Spa Urbano São Paulo is located at Vila Mariana neighborhood and offers services that value their client’s well-being. Among these, it is possible to find chronotherapy baths (bath realized in the presence of colored lights, which have the function of orienting the mind and speeding up physiological functions), hot tub, skin cleaning, acupuncture, massages (relaxing, with hot stones, reflexology, modeling, lymphatic, among several others) and foot’s treatments.  

Packages offered by Spa Urbano São Paulo include several of these services and cost from R$ 370. They can be realized individually or in couples. Furthermore, clients can assemble their own Spa Day package, combining their favorite services.  

For more information, check out Spa Urbano São Paulo’s website.

• Zahra

Photo Credit: Zahra Spa’s website

The Zahra Spa combines science and technology to provide their client’s well-being. It is located at Moema neighborhood and offers the classic services, just like relaxing massages for the whole body, including foot and hands, and hot tubs, which can be relaxing, antioxidant or for couples. Another service is the Moon’s Bath, which clears the body hair, cleans, nourishes and hydrates the skin.

In addition, it offers specialized treatments in cellulite, flaccidity, localized fat and stretch marks, as well as aesthetic massages, depilation at leisure, jet tanning and pilates classes.

The Spa Day packages cost from R$ 250 and can be performed individually or in couples. 

For more information, check out Zahra’s website

• Raízes

Photo Credit: Raízes Spa’s website

To “cultivate your beauty by strengthening your essence” is the principal proposal of the Spa Raízes. It is located at Tatuapé neighborhood and offers several relaxing’s services as scaling feet, body exfoliation and hydration, saunas and various models of baths, massages and body therapies. 

It also offers specialized treatments for acne, spots on the skin, cellulites, stretch marks, localized fat, postoperative, among others. You can also find manicure, podiatry and depilation services there. 

For more information, check out Raízes’ website

• Lush Spa

Photo Credit: Lush Spa’s website

Ending up with the golden key, we have a very different Spa. “It is not only a Spa. It is an imaginary.” The Lush Spa promises take their clients into a multisensory adventure through the services it offers, involving music, aromas and massages. In addition, the place brings together the sale of their relaxation and aesthetic products with the spa services – besides having an architecture and decoration based on the English cottages (since the brand was created in England).  

It is located at Jardins neighborhood and offers prices a little higher (from R$ 210), however these seem to be justified by their differential. All the treatments involve the brand’s products, as oils and creams, and they value offering the customer the feeling they seek, such as lightness (like they were “walking on clouds”), liberty and flexibility. Furthermore, it is possible to find a playlist that leads you to each of these sensations on its website.

For more information, check out Lush’s website.

Bianca Santolin

Casper Libero '20

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.