Sofia Richie’s wedding: remember 4 ceremonies as iconic as the model’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

There is always a ceremony that is considered the “wedding of the year” and, in 2023, it was the turn of Sofia Richie and Elliot Grainge‘s union. The weekend festivities took place at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes, south of France, and included guests such as Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, and Joel Madden

The model and designer shared everything on her social media. She wore a trio of dresses created by Chanel for her rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and after-party. As Richie walked down the aisle with her dad, Stephen Sanchez was singing her favorite song: “Until I Found You”. 

Even though Sofia´s wedding was iconic, there are many other cerimonies that were remarkable as well. So, here is more model’s weddings to die for.

Kate Moss

The supermodel Kate Moss got married to Jamie Hince, in 2011, in  Costwold Village, England. Inspired by rock’n roll and Great Gatsby the party that lasted three days was full of A-list celebrities and fashion designers. Some of the guests were Naomi Campbel, Stella and Paul McCartney, Jude Law, Vivienne Westwood, Christian Louboutin  and Marc Jacobs. Kate Moss wore a retro chic dress design by her friend and designer John Galiano

Hailey Bieber

Hailey Bieber and Justin Bieber got married in 2019, in the Montage Palmetto Bluff hotel, in South Carolina, a year after the couple wedding in a private civil ceremony in New York.

For the rehearsal dinner, Hailey wore a Vivienne Westwood minidress, and a custom off-white wedding gown designed by her late friend and designer Virgil Abloh, with the phrase “Till death do us part” in the train, for the ceremony. For the wedding reception, she wore a Ralph & Russo dress with a halter neckline and also a Vera Wang slip dress with sneakers.

Usher, Joan Smalls, Justine Skye, Jaden Smith, Kris Jenner and her boyfriend Corey Gamble, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner and her daughter Stormi were some of the celebrities who attended the festivities. During the reception, Justin Bieber even sang “One Last Only Girl” to Hailey Bieber. 

Karlie Kloss

Karlie Kloss and Joshua Kushner were married in October in a small Jewish ceremony in New York. In that day, the supermodel wore a custom made Dior gown. The couple had a second wedding at Brush Creek Ranch, in Wyoming, with only 80 guests. Some of them were: Derek Blasberg, Diane von Furstenberg, Katy Perry, Orlando Bloom, Mila Kunis, Princess Beatrice, Ivanka Trump and Serena Williams.  The weekend was full of activities like  karaoke, horseback riding, paintball and fireworks. 

Lais ribeiro

Last year the Brazilian supermodel and Victoria’s Secrets Angel, Lais Ribeiro, got married to the former professional basketball player, Joakim Noah, in Trancoso, Bahia.  The model wore a custom made dress by Galia Lahav and feets in the sand. Some days before the couple said “yes” in a religious ceremony at Miguel Alves, Lais’ hometown.

Some models like Candice Swanepoel, Sara Sampaio, Jasmine Tookes and basketball players like Derrick Rose, Taj Gibson, Thabo Sefolosha e Luol Deng were some of the famous names at the party. 

————————————————-

The article above was edited by Mariana do Patrocínio. 

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Isabel Almeida

Casper Libero '25

Journalism student who loves knowing people, fashion and pop culture.