This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you ever wanted to start a regular skin care routine, the quarantine is the perfect time to do it. With the extra free time, it is a great opportunity to take care of yourself and give you a little more self love. Besides that during the quarantine, lack of sleep, anxiety, stress and an unbalanced diet are common things among the people that and could cause a change on your body and skin. So check the tips below to help you to conquer a healthy skin!

First things first

Have a simple skin care routine. Don’t start with more than four easy steps: clean, tone, moisturize and sunscreen. These are the basic products you need to have healthy skin. If you start with much more than that, you may give up on your skin care daily, because it will takes a lot of work, especially when you are not in the habit of taking a few minutes to take care of your skin.

Don’t ever squeeze pimples and blackheads

Squeeze on pimples or blackheads will only inflame them, make your skin sore and it can leave marks and scars. If you have pimples or blackheads don’t try to squeeze them, instead use a proper product such as drying gels for zits.

Exfoliate twice a week

This is one of the most important steps to get rid of blackheads. Exfoliating helps to remove the dead cells, improving the texture of the skin, it clears deeply the pores and the massage, while applying the product, increases the blood flow.

Make face masks once a week

There are thousands of kinds of face masks: for moisturizing, oil control, anti aging, and many others. Choosing one for your skin type can improve the outcome of the skin care routine.

To boost your skin care even more, you can add homemade recipes to your routine. You can make a lot of this beauty recipes using thing you already have at home, check it out:

Lip scrub with coconut oil: melt one tablespoon of coconut oil until it’s creamy. Let it cool off, add one tablespoon of sugar and mix it. With the tip of your fingers apply over your lips and scrub gently. Wash it off with warm water.

Oil control mask: Mix two tablespoons of natural yogurt, one tablespoon of cucumber extract, two tablespoons of lavender essence and two tablespoons of clay (pink or green). Apply it over your face with your finger or using a brush. Leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water.

Glow mask: In a blender, mix half peeled apple, one cinnamon stick, a quarter of a pumpkin cup until it becomes a cream. Add one tablespoon of milk and one tablespoon of organic honey and blend it all together. Then apply the mixture over your face with your hand or using a brush. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse it off with cool water.

———————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Camila Nascimento.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Natalia Bastos

Casper Libero '22

Journalist student. Travel lover. Life enthusiast.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.