Sabrina Carpenter Is Back: The ‘Emails I Can’t Send’ Tour In Brazil

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Sabrina Carpenter performed the last two weekends (28/05 & 04/06) in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo for the MITA Festival, having its first-ever edition this year. This was the singer’s first visit since 2018, and she started by making her first performance in Rio de Janeiro, where she captivated the public and guaranteed a bigger audience in her second show in São Paulo! So here are some of the highlights from both of her performances!

Rio de Janeiro

Her first performance started in Rio de Janeiro on the last weekend of May at Jockey Club. For her first show, the singer chose a special outfit to make the crowd go crazy: a black mini skirt and a “Brazil” crop top! And her outfit wasn’t the only way Sabrina decided to pay homage to our country, she also took a chance at talking Portuguese, but with a tiny twist. Carpenter is known for calling herself and her fans sl*ts, and has become a little nickname. Therefore, she decided to learn how to say it in Portuguese and said it repeatedly throughout the show, especially in the performance of “because i liked a boy,” where she tried to translate the iconic line: “I’m a homewrecker, I’m a sl*t,” making the fans go crazy and scream it with her.

During her performance, Sabrina interacted with the audience at various moments. But the most special part of her performance was when she sang “Nonsense,” the song where she creates different outros for every city she sings at, it is her first time singing it in LATAM.

“He makes me so wet, I need a lifeguard

I think I would give this country five stars

Eu te amo Brasil, you have my heart”

São Paulo – Cause everyone is so sexy in São Paulo!

Her second performance was even better than the first one. Even though there was no homage to our country, it became certain that Sabrina would be coming back very soon! Days before her second performance, Taylor Swift announced her first tour date for LATAM and shared the news that Carpenter would be joining her as a special opening guest. Therefore, the energy was extremely high at the show, with fans wanting to see their idol and people wanting to meet the young artists who would be the opening performer for The Eras Tour in November of 2023.

Sabrina performed 15 songs, out of which 12 were from her newest hit album e-mails i can’t send, and a beautifully sung cover from Gwen Stefani’s songs: “The Sweet Escape.” However, she did face technical issues during the “Paris,” one of the biggest hits from her third studio album Singular Act I, which needed to be restarted. Even though her team faced problems, Sabrina interacted with the Brazilian fans throughout the issue and made the crowd feel extremely included, and she even reminded everyone about her excitement about coming back this year with Taylor Swift, which she described as a dream. 

The moment where the crowd went wild – just as in Rio de Janeiro – was when Sabrina performed “Nonsense,” which could be described as the biggest hit in her career! Everyone was expecting to see what would be her second outro for the Brazilian fans and the crowd was definitely pleased with the singer’s fun composition!

“Obrigada for the streams and downloads

Got off the plane and I became the town hoe

Cause everyone is so sexy in São Paulo!”

@itsgiubss

outro da sabrina carpenter aqui no mita em sp 🤍💌 #sabrinacarpenter #emailsicantsendtour

♬ original sound – giuba

And fans were happy to see that even though there wasn’t a clear homage to Brazil, Sabrina did wear special items in São Paulo’s performance. The singer was seen wearing a heart-shaped necklace and a Swarovski bracelet, both items of which were given to her by Brazilian fan clubs throughout her time in the country. Carpenter was also pretty festive wearing a feather boa in the Brazilian colors: green and yellow!

Check out the São Paulo setlist and get to know a few of her songs:

• Read your Mind
  • Feather
  • Vicious
  • Already Over
  • Tornado Warnings
  • bet u wanna
  • The Sweet Escape (Gwen Stefani cover)
  • Looking at Me
  • Paris
  • opposite
  • Fast Times
  • Sue Me
  • decode
  • skinny dipping
  • because i liked a boy
  • Nonsense

The article above was edited by Giullia Cartaxo.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Adriana Marruffo

Casper Libero '25

- mexican (but enjoying living in Brazil) journalism student – pop culture lover, dancer and writter 🤍 – 19y old – e-mail: adrianamarruffo@hotmail.com