Ross Geller, Ted Mosby And Other “Nice Guys” Who Are Not Nice At All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

They made us believe they are ideal men, but maybe they are not so different from all the guys that we know out there. So let’s get into it – fandoms aside – and not let these “nice guys” fool us anymore!

Finn Hudson – Glee

You know what, Finn was the worst! He went from some homophobic attitudes to sexist moves – and let’s all recognize that his and Rachel’s relationship was toxic in some ways. But it was all over for me when he dumped his girlfriend at a funeral. Seriously, who does that?

Ted Mosby – How I Met Your Mother

So self-centered and convinced that he’s being a “nice guy”, that he doesn’t accept the fact that some women just don’t want to be with him. With zero affective responsibility, he cheated (Robin/Victoria), pushed himself onto girls who said they weren’t ready to be with anyone (Stella), stalked (Maggie), ended a relationship on a girl’s birthday twice (Natalie) and gave up on not only one, but two rash engagements. And just in case you don’t believe me yet: Ted asked Robin to get rid of her dogs. Next.

Ezra Fitz

He dates his underage student. Can I stop here? That already seems enough, but the list keep going. We found out later that he only started dating Aria (repeating, an underage girl) to investigate Alison’s life in order to write a book about her, with whom he also had an affair (guess what? when she was also a minor). Terrible!

Ross Geller – Friends

Ross, what a nice guy, right? Wrong! He was so possessive of Rachel! And I never liked his way of being a snobby pseudo-intellectual who thought himself as smarter than the others. And just to make it clear, it doesn’t matter if they were on a break or not: it’s not cool to have sex with another girl the same night the break started. If I was Rachel, I would have never gotten off that plane.

Dan Humphrey – Gossip Girl

I mean, I guess almost all of the male characters in Gossip Girl could get on this list, but Dan was the real wolf in sheep’s clothing. He was supposed to be the good guy – and I must admit that it’s hard not to fall in love with his clumsy charm. But the way he tried to control Serena, and all the parts when he forbids his father to be with Lily, was not cool at all. And don’t even let me start talking about the final revelation…

Guzmán Nunier – Elite

Maybe you can say that Guzmán just starts out as a spoiled rich boy, but, theoretically, has his redemption. However, we must not forget that he was quite controlling towards his sister’s life, very emotionally irresponsible with Lucrecia and he also runs after Nano with a baseball bat. So better keep your eye open with this one.

Lucas Scott – One Tree Hill

All Lucas ever did was play mind games with the girls of One Tree Hill and whine about it when karma came back to get him. He can even trick us at first, with his sweet and sensitive boy pose, but don’t fall for it. Lucas cheats on Brooke with her best friend (numerous times) when they’re in high school. He then, as a full grown adult, goes on and also cheats on his fiancée and then leaves her at the altar. Plus, he was SO whiny. Can’t stand!

Derek Shepherd – Gray’s Anatomy

Let’s start at the very beginning. He literally just left his wife in NYC and went straight to picking up girls at a bar in Seattle. After that, he and Meredith get together, but Derek somehow “forgets” to tell her that he’s married. He also cheated on more than one girlfriend (I think we have a “nice guy” pattern). He was also not very good as a friend, since he took advantage of a colleague’s alcohol problem to be promoted at work. And remember when Derek said his career was more important than Meredith’s? Doesn’t look like a good guy to me.

Archie Andrews – Riverdale

Jumping from woman to woman without caring about who gets hurt, instead only caring about himself. He kisses a teacher in the first episode, cheats on Beth with Veronica and also cheats on Veronica with Beth. Besides, he is extremely annoying and infuriating. What do you think about this one?

Logan – Gilmore Girls

Just to sum up, Logan cheated on Rory and used the “I thought we weren’t together anymore” excuse. He also jumped off a cliff because Rory was mad at him, and when we thought there was no way to get worse, he comes back in the revival just to cheat on his fiancée, who he clearly treated more like an object than as a person.

Drake Parker – Drake & Josh

Sorry to ruin a part of your childhood, but we need to talk about Drake Parker. He didn’t care about the feelings of others, and was much more interested in how many conquests he had.

——————————————————————

The article above was edited by Anna Bastos.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus at Casper Libero for more!

Fernanda Valente

Casper Libero '21

Jornalist fernanda.dg.valente@gmail.com