Rock in Rio 2017 is Here: 5 Tips to Enjoy the Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Photo Credits: Rock in Rio

Rock in Rio starts on September 15th full of big stars returning to the city or doing their debut. The 2017 edition will have seven days at The City of Rock – that will be at Olympic Park this year, at the west zone of Rio de Janeiro. 

This year’s headliners of the main stage, aka World Stage, are: Maroon 5 (15 and 16), Justin Timberlake (17), Aerosmith (21), Bon Jovi (22), The Who e Guns N’ Roses (co-headliners, 23) and Red Hot Chili Peppers (24). That’s a big festival with a lot good music options to choose and a whole day to enjoy. So here it is some good tips to have a lot fun without concerns. 

5 Tips to Enjoy Rock in Rio

#1 There are a few things that you cannot carry with you for the event, such as: bottles (only the plastic ones, to put water); Tupperware; cans; helmets; guns or any kind of weapons; glass, plastic and metal objects; skates and bicycles; coolers; selfie sticks; and animals – except guide dogs.

#2 To eat, you can take no more than five items. It´s allowed industrialized sealed foods like cookies and cereal bars. Fruits and sandwiches in clear packages and not hard. About the water, drinking fountains will be available all over the City of Rock, so don’t forget your plastic bottle.

#3 If you want to take a bag with you but don’t want to carry it around the whole day, the City of Rock will have lockers to keep it in. It´s possible to book in advance and each locker will cost R$ 35. 

#4 The gates will open at 2 p.m. The weather forecast for the two weekends is of sunny days – and a lit bit cold during the evening. So be prepare for everything: take with you a hat, sun block, sun glasses and a light jacket for the end of the day. Sneakers still are the best options for your feet to bear all day jumping, dancing and walking from a stage to another inside that huge place.

#5 Transportation is a very important part of planning the event. Some collective transportation system will have special lines and will grant integrations between buses, train and the subway. Don’t let to see this at the last minute. Be aware and prepare your itinerary at least a day earlier, so you don’t have a bad surprise at your chosen day.

Now you just have to decide what concerts to watch and enjoy Rock in Rio 2017! 

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.