Review: Everything That Happened At The First Little Mix Concert In Brasil

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

March 8th. It was a cloudy and rainy Sunday in São Paulo, Brasil, but it was also a very important date for women. People had a chance to celebrate International Women’s Day at GRLS! Festival, a music event that was all about feminism. The line-up was filled with amazing female singers. There wasn’t a single male artist at the schedule.

Among the confirmed attractions, there was a very famous (and loved) british group. Created in 2011, during the reality show The X Factor UK, Little Mix had never set foot on brazilian lands before and, for the first time, the group could feel the love of brazilian fans.

Although incomplete, because of the absence of Perrie Edwards who was experiencing health problems, Jade Thirlwall, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jesy Nelson delivered an amazing show. With a lot of dance, incredible looks and, of course, empowerment, the three members rocked the audience for about an hour and ten minutes. For the happiness of the Mixers (name given to those who are part of the group’s fandom), they performed some of their biggest hits like Salute, Black Magic, Wings and Shout Out To My Ex.

“The best crowd ever”

Thrilled, Jade, Leigh-Anne and Jesy did not hide their love for Brazil. Throughout the show, with a lot of charisma and sympathy, they reinforced how insane it was the feeling of making the group’s first concert in the country eight years after Little Mix was formed.

“You don’t know how incredible you look. […] You guys are by far the best crowd we have ever performed for. We can’t get over it”, said Jesy to the public.

But it’s not for less, you know? From the moment they set foot on the stage until the sad ‘goodbye’ at the end of the performance, the fans screamed, cried and obviously sang all the songs. No exceptions.

The group was the last attraction of the GRLS! Festival, which also took place on March 7th. Over the course of the two days, artists such as Ludmilla, Iza and Kylie Minogue also performed. In addition to the musical performances, the event also featured lectures, workshops and many dynamics so the public could learn a little more about women’s universe and female empowerment. Awesome, right?

Journalism student, born and raised in São Paulo. 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.