Radio, Siberian Prisons and Band T-Shirts: Meet Rodolfo Vicentini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Name: Rodolfo Paes Vicentini

Age: 21 years

Sign: Aries

Major: Journalism (2016)

Hometown: São Paulo

A flaw and a quality: Frankness and Funny

Favorite color: Red

Being “casperiano” is … having an excellent library, studying at Avenida Paulista and being able to work early.

What is the best part of being a journalism student?For me, the best part of studying journalism is knowing all the possibilities this career can embrace. Such as working with culture, economics and politics

When did you decide to study Journalism? When I was in High School, I was in doubt between Literature or Journalism. I ended up in Journalism, believing it would have a broader approach to different subjects.

Are you working? Yes. I am working at UOL Radio.

Favorite band and favorite music: Jethro Tull as a band and music, it is “Time” by Pink Floyd

Good choices! Tell me about your music preferences.Well, I had my first band shirt when I was 8 years. My father was responsible for buying an Iron Maiden one. At the time, I did not understand anything, did not know the band, but I found the design too crazy and I turned out as a very funky child (laughs); I think It had a big influence on my personality.

Are you working into your Final Project, right? What is the main theme?Yes! Books about Siberian prisons. I had the idea when I thought that books about prisons in Siberia are always forgotten, although the theme is fantastic! So, I thought about mixing literature and journalism. I will make a dissertation showing the determination of some Russian writers on the labor camps of the 19th and 20th century.

Marcela Schiavon

Casper Libero

Petite, loving, determined. Marcela don't have preferences about her career because she likes all areas of Journalism. Sometimes jealous, a little bit angry, very focused. "Eu gosto dela - Projota" is a song that defines her way of living.
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.