This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Have you ever wanted to do a low-cost trip? This alternative has become more and more known and was adopted by people from all over the world, once you have the opportunity to know more places in the same country spending less. But many times, you don’t know what to expect from such an experience, which can be very pleasant and, at the same time, there are some issues. So, before deciding whether you want to venture out, take a look at these points:

• The budget is low (very low): Who looks for this kind of trip, is looking for saving some money. However, several times, unpredictable events happen along the trip and make your budget decrease.
  • Sudden changes: Usually, it’s common to stay for a short time in the cities, what makes the adaptation more difficult, since you’re always switching places.
  • The luggage gets heavier: It’s inevitable to gather more things as you pass through many different places, it doesn’t matter if it’s food or gifts. As the luggage gets heavier, the locomotion and agility becomes tough, getting you tired sooner than usual.

But, although some difficulties, those trips are amazing experiences and have their advantages:

• A travel itinerary made for you: Low cost trips have many options to know the places the way you want to. You can do a tour when you decide and goes back to the hostel when you want, besides of the fact that you can change the destination if you feel like it.
  • An immersion into new cultures: Your stay in a new country is always a distinct adventure, but when it’s about independent trips you have the opportunity to deepen even more in the local culture. Without a touristic guide and no definite itinerary, you’ll have a closer contact with the population, therefore learning how to live in that country.
  • Detachment: In order to do this kind of travel, it’s necessary to forget about some goods such as like: house, car and useless materials, learning how to differ what is essential and what is not. Stay at a hostel with new friends can be as pleasant as sleep in a five-star hotel. You have the possibility to enjoy freedom.
  • Face “yourself” and bloom: In a country with different culture and language, you’ll have to deal with fears and limitations, sometimes established by ourselves. It’s such an intense experience in which you have the opportunity to discover and understand how to deal with different situations that you are not used to, to get to know yourself again with another perspective.
  • Stories: The person who always travels, always have stories to tell. But who travels on their own, make friends and go through the most unusual situations. A low-cost trip provides not only intense experiences, but also intense stories.

Now that you know all these points, you can choose if you want to do this kind of trip or not!

Beatriz Olivetti

Casper Libero '21

Brazilian, cinephile, and totally in love with the journalism, hope you like my job
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.