Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: A Real Fairytale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Once upon a time … This classic phrase appears at the beginning of most fairy tales. We grew up believing that these stories are just a fantasy and could never become real. But Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have shown with their beautiful love story that fairy tales can come true.

In July 2016, Meghan was strolling around London when she was introduced to Prince Harry through a mutual friend. They both had what we can call love at first sight. Some time later, they began to be seen together, but nevertheless it was a discreet relationship, which grew out of the limelight.

Image Credit: Instagram/theroyalfamily

He, the Prince of England, the most coveted bachelor in the world, was born to serve good causes. She, from Hollywood, actress, divorced, chose to serve good causes. In November of that year, the courtship was confirmed when Harry went to the press to complain about the racist attacks being directed at Meghan.

They announced the engagement officially in November 2017, and even with many controversies about the actress’s family, who claimed that Meghan was a gold digger, their love remained. And they married  on May 19, in a ceremony worthy of a fairy tale and full of emotion. It was impossible not to be charmed by their passionate stares during the ceremony.

Image Credit: Instagram/theroyalfamily

Meghan had to quit her job in the series Suits, since she can’t be an actress anymore. She also had to give up her social networks and will need to adapt to a monarchy full of rules and traditions. And in spite of all this, when she left the church with her husband, what we saw in her eyes was the purest and the fullest happiness, because she did all this out of love – and nothing is more real than love.

Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows.