The Pretty Reckless: Alternative Rock meets Post-Grunge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Last week the band The Pretty Reckless was in Brazil for four concerts in some of the biggest cities in the country: São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba and Belo Horizonte.

After five years since their last visit to Brazil, the fans were extremely excited and the energy the band had on stage showed us that the feeling was mutual.

This is a picture I took in Sao Paulo that shows Taylor Momsen rocking out on stage.

The lead singer of the band, Taylor Momsen, used to be an actress and starred as Jenny Humphey in Gossip Girl and Cindy Lou in Grinch. But those days are far behind her now, she feels like singing is what she was born to do and honestly I couldn’t agree more.

If you’ve never heard of the band before or haven’t really took some time to listen to it, here are the best songs from all 3 albums of The Pretty Reckless.

Album – Light Me Up (2010)

DAS Music

This is the first album released by The Pretty Reckless and it’s my favorite. All songs have an alternative rock meets post-grunge vibe and the songs are really addictive. All songs are my favorite, but I’ll try to select only five so you can get started. The whole album is available on Spotify.

1- Make Me Wanna Die

2- My Medicine

3- Just Tonight

4- Goin’ Down

5- Zombie

Album- Going To Hell (2014)

Razor & Tie

The Pretty Reckless’ second album sticks to the alternative rock vibe and mixes it with Hard Rock. The lyrics are more edgy and religion is a constant topic.

1- Follow Me Down

2- Going To Hell

3- Heaven Knows

4- Sweet Things

5- Fucked Up World

Album- Who You Selling For (2016)

Razor & Tie

The Album stands out due to all the emotion and originality. In an interview, talking about the album, Taylor said: “For me, it’s a question that challenges what I’m doing with my life. It questions the meaning of my actions whatever they are. It also defines the record in a grander way by asking the listener to look into the meaning of each song past the obvious.”

1- Who You Selling For

2- Living in The Storm

3- Take Me Down

4- Prisoner

5- Hangman

Gabrielle Vianna

Casper Libero

Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.