Playlist: Dance To The Soundtrack Of “All The Bright Places”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

On February 28th, Netflix released “All The Bright Places”, an adaptation of the same name novel written by Jennifer Niven. The story of Violet Markey (Elle Fanning) and Theodore Finch (Justice Smith) deeply touches the public and part of it is surely connected to it’s wonderful soundtrack.

(If you haven’t seen the movie yet, you might prepare yourself for some spoilers ahead)

The original soundtrack was composed by Keegan DeWitt, a young film/TV composer who had already produced some melodies for the movie Let It Snow (2019), also from Netflix, and for series like The OA and Divorce. DeWitt is present with his instrumentals compositions since Violet and Theodore meet each other at the bridge, until the mourning moments that sadly takes place at the end of the story.

Besides these original compositions, there are many already known songs that are also essential for creating a vibe for the moment. “Yeah Right”, from the japanese-australian singer Joji, can be heard at Amanda’s party, while Roamer and Violet are talking in the kitchen. Then, the movie runs away from the R&B for a moment and some scenes comes back with a mid-80’s song from Starship, “Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now”, during their car trip on the way to the Blue Flash rollercoaster.

Directly from Finch’s playlist for running, we can listen to the danceable beats in some remixed versions of “Where Do You Go?”, by Claire George, and “Pumpin Blood”, of the trio NONONO. There’s also the moment Theo realizes he’s at the bridge from Eleanor’s accident, “Tank Town”, by Many Voices Speak, brings a melancholic atmosphere to the moment.

The truth is that, from blues and soul to pop and early rock, all the songs perfectly fits the moments of Violet and Finch and build even more the tone of the scenes. You can watch it, feel it and, of course, dance to it (while crying a little bit sometimes, for sure).

Now it’s your turn to put the songs you liked the most on your playlist and start humming all these melodies through your own bright places. Oh, you can click here to listen to the playlist.

——————————

The article above was edited by Anny Caroline.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Journalist who relates to more Taylor Swift songs than she should and have more Star Wars posters than her bedroom walls can fit.
cuore in allarme journalist, writer, artist and everything else in between ✉ laurapferrazzano@gmail.com