woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

A Pigeon and Class 17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The year hasn’t even finished yet, class 2016 hasn’t dressed in cap and gown, delivered their final papers or danced all night in their graduation party, but the discussion and presentation of a new graduation class was introduced. 2017 graduates are already planning their party, which is expected to take place between January-February 2018. The event will be in São Paulo Expo, a massive conference building in Imigrantes, and according to the event planner company, Ás Formatura, the open bar and food are going to be incredible. 

Class of 2017 can acquire their graduation package in the company’s website and also participate in polls to help decide on their party. Until the end of September, the package, full price, was around R$ 3000,00. Depending on how the student decides to pay for it, it can split the amount in monthly dues. 

Moreover, Ás formatura and our graduation committee created a page for students to comment and talk with the organizers. The characters is a pigeon, in order to represent the invisible pigeons in Paulista Avenue. The pigeon is named Pomboca. This year, Class 2016 also had a page, name Dona Antena, in honor of the Gazeta TV Anthem. 

If you would like to know more and visit the Facebook page, click here 

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.