The Perfect Book for Each Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Mercury is beyond the planet of communications, the ruling of Gemini and Virgo. While communication in Gemini is much more oral, Virgo people are lovers of writing and especially reading. So how about enjoying the arrival of the sun in Virgo to figure out the perfect book for each Zodiac Sign? 

Aries

The narrator, as the main character is portrayed, brings with it two characteristics typical of Aries: intensity and impulsiveness. The story revolves around an insomnia problem faced by the protagonist, who frequents support groups to feel better when he comes across with so many more serious cases than his own. During this process, he meets some people: in addition to the conflicted Marla, “tourist” at the meetings as well as him, there’s also the extremist Tyler, who invites him to found a curious fight club.

Taurus

The stubborn and ingenious Lina perfectly represents the Zodiac Sign of Taurus. The protagonist’s life changes completely when she loses her mother and needs to move to Italy, where she goes to live with her alleged father. It is also there that she begins to appreciate beautiful landscapes (a natural skill of the Taureans) and to experience a new love, besides, of course, to taste all the Italian delights, such as the famous gelato. 

Gemini

After Kate’s murder, her sister Julia, as a good Gemini girl, looks for answers. During her investigations, however, she finds out that Kate maintained profiles on social networking sites and was looking for men to have sex virtually, but as she looks more and more into this story, it is she who ends up taking on a double life. The multifaceted personality of Gemini makes Julia’s wedding go downhill, and,  at a certain point, she can no longer distinguish the investigation of her sister’s death from whom she became.

Cancer

To the taste of this Zodiac Sign, this touching book not only tells  a love story, but also what is behind it. Mickey has a severe bipolar disorder and falls in love with the sweet Lucy, who has a very aggressive family history of breast cancer. The couple, then, decide not to have children, and learn every day to live with their issues, for all their love for each other. The emotions accompany the reader throughout history, but reach their peak when Lucy becomes pregnant,and the message of companionship and overcoming takes shape.

Leo

In this book, two Leo characteristics confront each other: while Amir, a rich boy from Afghanistan, is generous in playing and socializing amicably with Hassan, son of the family employee, the protagonist is very egocentric in setting an ambush for his friend, just to get rid of him to receive his father’s attention, who had a lot of affection for Hassan. However, throughout history, it is remarkable that Amir has never been able to forgive himself for having done this, which even leads him to raise Hassan’s son in the absence of his father. 

Virgo

As its name suggests, the pragmatic and methodical personality of Virgo can be approximated to the psychological issues analyzed in the book: narrated in the first person, we can get in the head of the protagonist Bea and assign meaning to the delusions of the character. Besides that, even in a very rational way, Bea gets involved with Beck, an anxious boy that she meets in a support group, and the story also gets a touch of romance.

Libra

The perfect book for Libra couldn’t be nothing different than a good romance! Lou Clark carries with her a striking characteristic of this Zodiac Sign: she gives herself to others in a very natural way. The life of the gruff Will, who became very embittered after having an accident and losing his body movements, changed after the arrival of the colorful socks and the sweet personality of Lou.

Scorpio

Savage sexuality and pleasure in controlling situations are strong traits of Scorpio but also of Christian Gray. The sadomasochism adept ends up falling in love with Anastasia and revealing another aspect also very present in this Zodiac Sign: the challenge of constantly transforming, once they are people who have often been through painful and even self-destructive situations. Christian’s intensity, however, turns into something very positive concerning loving Ana.

Sagittarius

Sharing all over the world the story of Malala, the girl who suffered an attack on her life while defending women’s right to study or exercise their citizenship, this book brings with it one of the most admirable aspects of Sagittarius: the idealism. As a good Sag girl, Malala wasn’t content with fitting inside any label… She still didn’t know exactly how big the world was, but she dreamed of one day being able to conquer it, and she did!

Capricorn

The perfect book for Capricorn couldn’t be none other than the bible of the female entrepreneurship. Obstinate and ambitious, as a good person of this Zodiac Sign, the protagonist Sophia Amoruso tells us how she managed to turn the sale of some used clothes (often even found in dumpsters) into one of the largest e-commerce in the world.

Aquarius

“Americanah” tells the story of Ifemelu, a Nigerian student in the United States that ends up incorporating some aspects of the country, which explains the title of the work. This book can be associated with the Zodiac Sign of Aquarius because of the revolutionary aspect that is awakened in the protagonist, who only then recognizes herself as a black person. Thus, she starts sharing reflections of her daily life on a blog, where she raises not only questions of race, but also of immigration, in a period when these themes were totally neglected.

Pisces 

This book and the Zodiac Sign of Pisces have a strong common denominator: human’s connection to the spiritual side. The story draws on the challenge presented to Mackenzie Allen, who has just lost his daughter but cannot deal with the grief. The protagonist goes through many internal processes over the years, and can only take over the reins of his life when he receives a divine message.

Karolina Pestrin

Casper Libero

Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.