No Idea What To Wear This Halloween? Check Out These 10 Simple Yet Amazing Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

As we all know Spooky Season is right down the corner and everyone has their preferences when talking about Halloween. Some people like watching horror movies, others prefer to go trick-or-treating and some just like to pretend that this date doesn’t even exist. However, one obsession we all have in common are the costumes. As fun as it is to pick and wear costumes, sometimes it can be really overwhelming to decide or even think about options.

There is always the whole discussion if halloween outfits always have to be scary or if it should involve any type of costume. But, as Regina George once said, “In girl world, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.”, so you can totally decide what kinda look you’re going for this year. 

With that being said, now it’s time for me to help by giving you 10 different possible Halloween costumes that you can easily wear alone, with your partner or even in a group.

10 costumes you can wear this Halloween:

Basic Creatures (Vampire, Witch, Mummy, Pirate, Fairy,…)

Even though we have already seen these costumes thousands of times, they never seem to get old. They are super easy to make and you can choose between a scary look or a sexy one. 

One of the best parts of these costumes is that you can make them with things you have at home. For pirates you can wear a white shirt, a corset, big jewelry, some nice boots and a bandana or scarf if you have it. For vampires, it’s even easier: black clothes, dark eyeshadow and fake blood in the corner of the mouth. A simple and fun way to dress up.

Gatsby

If you want to look elegant and attract attention, this is the costume for you. Inspired by the movie “The Great Gatsby”, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, the costume is basically a party outfit from the 20s. 

If you’re a woman you’re just gonna need a shiny dress, some gloves, pearls and accessories. If you’re a man just put on a suit and a hat and you’ll be ready!

The Addams Family

Easy, on the theme, kinda scary yet elegant and you can wear it alone or with your friends. There’s nothing more to ask for! A classic musical (that with the arrival of the series “Wednesday” on Netflix) is totally trending. You can use it with your family or you can wear it as a couple by being Morticia and Gomez. 

The making process is actually really simple: black clothes, whites powder and black eyeshadow. Of course you can and should add accessories to make it even more loyal to the original outfit.

The Wizard of Oz

Inspired by a classic that never gets old! You can go for Dorothy, the tin man, the lion, the scarecrow, the good witch, the bad witch or the magician. The funny part is that you can invite friends with specific characteristics to be each one of the characters. 

The brunette friend is Dorothy, the fearful is the lion, the heartless is the scarecrow, etc. Although they aren’t as easy to make as the costumes before, they’re all amazing options. 

Scooby Doo

Get your friends, find some colorful clothes and a dog ear tiara. I promise people will always find this creative. A good thing about it is that you can wear it as two couples (Velma and Shaggy – even though they’re not a couple – and Daphne and Fred) and that one friend that’s always 5 wheeling (Scooby). If this is not the ideal idea for you you can do our utopic lesbian couple (Velma and Daphne) or go alone.

@vera_pun27

Which one was your favorite? This was such a fun video to make. Scooby Doo character are a perfect easy group halloween costume idea because you can wasily thrift it or find the costumes in your wardrobe. #halloweencostume #nonbasichalloweencostumes #nonbasichalloweenideas #stylingideas

♬ Scooby Doo – The Shoes
CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

I know Charlie is the main character, but come on! We want to see Willy Wonka, Violet, Augustus, Veruca and a lot of Oompa Loompas. This is for sure the most funny one, and they are also really easy. Violet wears a blue matching set (don’t forget to get a gum and paint your nose violet), Willy wears that maroon suit and the famous hat, Veruca is just really fancy with pearls and a fur coat and Augustus wears a striped T-shirt and has lots of chocolate (in this case brown makeup) all over his face. You can basically choose between all these personalities. 

MIB (Men in Black)

Why not dress as spies? You just need a suit and some sunglasses to make this work. I know it might sound boring, but it can be extremely cool. It’s comfortable, easy and you can bring any friends with you. Just imagine you and your besties with suits and water guns walking into the party…

Disney

This is for sure the best category for duos. Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, Maleficent and Aurora, Woody and Buzz… I could do this for days. 

Obviously, you can also wear a single costume and choose if you want to be the main character or the iconic one. A random example is the movie frozen. Would you prefer to be one of the princesses (Ana or Elsa) or the funny Olaf?

Disney has literally every type of character: funny, elegant, good, evil, magical,… I’m sure you can find one that matches your energy.

Iconic People

How amazing it is to dress as someone like Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson or Britney Spears? The best part of it all is that you can even dress as your favorite singer/actor just by using some iconic outfit and copying their features. 

Nowadays this is totally trending even among the celebrity world (famous people dressing as themselves in other eras or as other famous people). You can find the costume ready to wear with the accessories but, depending on your choice, you can even do your own.

Famous Horror Movies

Last but not least you can always bet on the original gang. Ghostface, Pennywise, Pinhead, Chucky/Tiffany, Carrie, Jenifer… they will be iconic no matter when. The difficult part of this one is that you have to know a little bit more about makeup, but you can always ask for a friend or a professional. 

Some amazing things are that people usually love scary costumes on Halloween (because of tradition) and that you can scare people all night long.

The article above was edited by Lethicia Lioi.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero for more!

Se eu pudesse mudar a vida das pessoas usando as palavras assim como eu mudei a minha… Ah, peraí, eu posso (ou posso pelo menos tentar). Em meio a vários características – feminista, meio patricinha de São Paulo, geminiana, apaixonada por moda, obcecada por poemas e algumas outras- prometo tirar o maior proveito de todas elas para tentar alcançar um mundo mais cheio de respeito e amor.