This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Crystals, those pretty geologic formations that we love to collect and wear in accessories to make our outfits prettier. I am one of those that can’t see a craft stall that wants to buy many new things made with them. But crystals are not just ornamental, they also have some properties that can benefit your body and soul! Don’t believe it? Come with me and I will explain it better!

First of all, let’s understand what crystals are in fact. According to the Brazilian Geologic Service – CPRM, “a crystal is a body formed of crystalline matter, by virtue of which it can display flat faces externally. These faces will appear in their entirety when the crystallization takes place under ideal geological conditions, without the growth of one crystal interfering with the growth of another”. It can be formed by four different processes: by a solution of salts dissolved in water, that, as the water evaporates the salt concentration increases to a point where it begins to precipitate as crystals; by the fusion, in other words, the cooling of the magma (in the crust) or the lava (in the surface); by volcanic exhalations or by metamorphic processes (when a rock turns into another).

Observing all of the crystal formation processes, we can perceive that there is a lot of energy involved in it. Maybe this fact can explain why some religions use the crystals to represent the energy of the earth. This energy is also an ally for some alternative medical techniques that seek to heal physical and emotional diseases by the energetical equilibrium these rocks can bring.

In an interview to the portal “A Gazeta”, the crystal therapist Daniel Bosi affirmed that the areas which use this rocks on its teraphys, such as Cristallotherapy, reiki and holistic therapies; see the crystals as an physical manifestation of the light, helping to align the humans to the harmony of the nature can bring all the things that are necessary to our lives.

Each crystal has a different interference in the magnetic field and acts in a different aspect of health. The therapy works better when different crystals are used together and each crystal is placed on the place of the body where the chakra of the color corresponds to the crystal color. An example of this is that if you put an amethyst in the belly button you protect yourself from bad energies. But it’s important to know that you need to have the right knowledge to do it, study which crystal is put in which place so that the opposite effect does not occur. 

Another important thing is to clean up the energies before using it and the most effective way of doing it is putting the rocks to take a “moon shower” to nurture them, and after letting them in the sun to energize them.

And if you think this is a stupidity or a lie to sell new treatments, you should know these techniques have been used by different civilizations. According to the portal “Guia da alma”, the Egyptians already used it, and after it was used by Indigenous tribes like the Cherokees or even the Tupi-Guaranis from Brazil to heal the body and soul. The mystic power of the crystals is much more related to you using them visualizing some intention. To do it you need to meditate with the crystal and connect yourself with them, such as you feel it can understand what you’re in need, or you can just put the crystal above a paper in which you wrote the thing you intend to achieve. 

This mystic power is so well known that a lot of traditional and neo-pagan religions use the crystals on their rituals and altars. The xamanism uses crystals as one of the elements of its rituals of cure as an sacrated. The wiccans and witchcraft practitioners also use them in their rituals and it’s also an important element of their altar, so the crystals are chosen according to the kind of energy they are related to and to achieve the desired goal. Also, in those religions they can represent the earth in the altars, it depends on what intention the witch/wizard has put on it. The druids also treated crystals as some way to connect themselves with the divine and believed in their magical powers, such as you can see in the series Outlander, in which some characters use crystals and rocks to travel across time. 

Now that you know a little more about the power of the crystals, why don’t start to put them in your house to rebalance the energies? Or go through some of these treatments? If you do it or have ever done tell me what you felt and the results!

————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Beatriz Cristina.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Jornalist, writer, love to take pictures, scorpio.