More Then Just A Newspaper Report: Sharp Object’s Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Sharp Objects is one of the three famous books written by Gillian Flynn. She is an American writer and television critical born in Kansas City, Missouri. Known for her huge success “Gone Girl”, Gillian Flynn has already her “signature” with books with black covers and no images in it.

In this book, Camille Preaker is a journalist for a small newspaper in Chicago. One day she needs to go back to her hometown to cover the murder of two young girls. When her boss tell her that, she doesn’t like it at all.

As you read the book you can understand why she felt that way, and most importantly, you agree with her.

She has to deal with her overprotective mother, her stepfather and stepsister, who seem to be a normal and lovely family, although they are everything but that.

Moreover, the most creepy part of the story; you find out that those murders are more connected to the journalist as just a newspaper reports.

Gillian Flynn once more knows how to create an idea in your mind and, suddenly to shock you with the contrary. Therefore, if you’re looking for a book to shock your mind and creep you out, Sharp Objects is perfect for it.

Andressa Isfer

Casper Libero '18

Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.