More Confident Than Ever: What to Expect from Demi Lovato’s Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Demi Lovato will return to Brazil in April  with her new tour, Tell Me You Love Me, in four Brazilians  cities. The concerts will happen on April 15 in São Paulo, April 17 in Olinda, April 19 in Fortaleza and April 21 in Rio de Janeiro. In her Instagram profile, she said: ” I know you guys didn’t think I forgot about South America… See you soon”. 

The fans are waiting for a big concert and of course they will not be disappointed. She definitely doesn’t need introductions, she is more than confident and she is unapologetic when it comes to sensuality and to impact everyone with her incredible voice. 

The tour’s scene contains beds, many bed sheets, dancers and costumes that capture people’s concentration. Her new album, lyrics, music evolution and her performances, show a grow up version of Demi: more mature, sexy and real.

Image Source: Instagram/tellmeyoulovemetour

For those who follow Demi’s career since the beginning, know well about the problems she faced – such as on eating disorder, drug addiction and bipolar disorder. At the end of the past year, she released on YouTube a documentary named Simply Complicated , which talks about her rehabilitation process, the sober years, her break up with Wilmer Valderrama and how she has been feeling as a single and independent woman in this new chapter of her life.

On tour, Demi did many different things. At her concert in Inglewood, California, she helped her friend Shane Bitney to propose to his boyfriend, and the result was a big love scene. and also In addition to that, Demi sang her song Yes during that moment. Besides that, she invited the singer Iggy Azalea to have fun on stage with her, singing Savior, in Brooklyn. 

Therefore, the excitement for the Brazilian concerts is huge and we can expect to hear many hits – such as Cool for the Summer, Heart Attack, Sorry Not Sorry, Sexy Dirty Love , among others. Also, the fans who are anxious can follow everything that happens on the backstage via Instagram account @tellmeyoulovemetour and find out all the news. We are waiting for you, Queen Demi!

PS: Don’t tell your mother.

UPDATE: Demi Lovato announced the rescheduling of her South American tour dates Tuesday (April 10) due to “production issues,” just five days before that leg of the tour was originally set to begin in Sao Paolo, Brazil.

Eight dates on Lovato’s Tell Me You Love Me World Tour in Mexico, Chile, Brazil and Argentina were rescheduled for this September and November, while her shows in Ecuador, Costa Rica and Panama were removed from the tour schedule entirely.

• November 19: São Paulo
  • November 21: Rio de Janeiro
  • November 24: Recife
  • November 27: Fortaleza

Translation: Brenda Mendes

Bruna Vasconcelos

Casper Libero '20

Journalism student passionate about writing and usually busy drinking tea, reading politics articles or thinking about what forgot at home. Also in love with poetry and culture, collaborates with some movie reviews.
Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows.