Career

Meet Renata Albuquerque: Methodology Teacher at Cásper Líbero.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

She was born in April 3rd. An Aries woman. “No creo en las brujas, pero que las hay, las hay.” was her answer when asked if she believes in the zodiac signs. This sentence in Spanish means that she, personally, does not believe, but they are somehow real.

Every since she was a little girl, she wanted to be a teacher. She used to play around pretending to teach and, doesn’t really know how, the urge was there. The main reason why she became a teacher had to do with the example she had from her teachers when she was little. Also because she loves the classroom and always had. In her opinion, the classroom is a really powerful place, that has to be taken seriously. For her, there we can learn, change and grow. That was a important reason why she decided to become a teacher.

But that is not all. She also loves the researching area, she says it “follows” the teaching. And when asked about what area she considered before, nutrition was her answer. Curious and creative was the two words she chose to describe herself, besides that, also determined and easy at solving problems. On her free time, she likes to spend time with her family – husband and son. Also, she loves the sun and activities like going for a walk.

Her idol is Rosa Parks. She explains that, during the time that she spent on the United States, she fell in love with her story. But talking about the Latin-American context, she mentions Pedro Ignacio Muiba, a Bolivian insurgent indigene. In her opinion, they are controversies heroes that need to be remembered. But she also mentions Beyoncé on her list of idols.

When asked about the actual Brazilian political scene, she said that we need to stay alert because simple rights that we had as normal are now back to public debate. We have to be connected all the time and know everything that is happening, especially because the truth is distorted by rumors. Attention and critical opinions are everything.

For her, the important thing to think about the future is how to make a change and make it somehow better. She talks about developing communication students engaged with society and everything that is going on, also aware of their citizen role. That is her main goal as being a teacher. She can make a difference and make a little bit better.

Thays Avila

Casper Libero '21

Journalism student. From São Paulo, Brazil ?