Besides Ludmilla at “Fast and Furious 10”: Know 5 Brazilian artists who performed in Hollywood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Born in Duque de Caxias, a city located in Baixada Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Ludmilla Oliveira da Silva is a singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, actress, and businesswoman.

She started singing when was with eight years, at family events, and from there she started posting videos on YouTube. That’s when her song “Fala de mim” got popular on social media and the singer adopted the stage name of MC Beyoncé, in honor of the American singer, Beyoncé. However, her manager made her stop using it, adopting her registered name.

Since then, Ludmilla has never stopped to create new music, releasing several albums that were successful with songs that conquered the top of the charts on several digital platforms.

Now, she’s focusing on her international career. She has already released a few singles in other languages, but recently she fulfilled a dream by participating in the new film of the Fast and Furious saga that premieres this Thursday. 

In addition to being on the film’s soundtrack, the singer also makes a special appearance in the feature. In an interview, Ludmilla said she is super excited to watch her first appearance in a Hollywood movie.

But, she is not the first Brazilian to act in Hollywood. Know other national celebrities who were successful:

Rodrigo Santoro

The Brazilian actor migrated to the international market in the early 2000s and collects several important roles in various productions. As in the remake of one of Hollywood’s biggest hits, Ben-Hur, Rodrigo played Jesus. He also participated in the film 300: Rise of an Empire and other feature films that enshrined his career.

Morena Baccarin

The Brazilian actress moved to the United States with her parents when she was still little. In her youth, Morena established herself as an actress, participating in several films that consolidated her career. Her most popular participation was when she starred in the movie Deadpool, giving life to the character Vanessa, the protagonist’s romantic partner.

Maria Fernanda Cândido

From Londrina, Paraná, Maria Fernanda Cândido started her career as a model in the late 90s but soon migrated to television drama. He was successful in several Brazilian soap operas and 2022 he participated in the film Fantastic Animals: Dumbledore’s Secrets, as Vicencia Santos, a Brazilian witch in the Harry Potter universe.

Débora Nascimento

Success in Brazilian soap operas and films, the actress born in Suzano, São Paulo, participated in a Hollywood film. Débora had a brilliant role-playing Martina, the character of The Incredible Hulk, in 2008.

Neymar Jr.

The world-renowned player has also appeared in a major Hollywood production. This is xXx: The Return of Xander Cage, in which Neymar plays himself, making a super special appearance in the film. He also made a special appearance in the La Casa de Papel series.

These were some of the many Brazilians who have acted or made a special appearance in a Hollywood film. The list is huge and grows with each passing year, since Brazil is increasingly conquering its space in world cinema.

—————————-

The article above was edited by Clarissa Palácio.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Karoliny Sabino

Casper Libero '25

I'm a journalism student, I'm 20 years old and I study at the Casper Líbero College.