Career

A List Of 4 Inspiring Female Entrepreneurs To Follow On Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Being young these days is really hard. There is a lot of pressure over us, in many aspects: which career we want to pursue, which college we want to go, when we are going to start our own businesses. Depending on where you were raised, your race, your gender and your economic status, everything can affect how young people feel about adulthood. And after a while, we just can’t stand it anymore. It feels like we’re losing our minds.

Even though we all know life is tough when you are still figuring everything out, it is always good to get inspired and learn from people who made it. That’s why we decided to gather some of the best Instagram accounts of female entrepreneurs. Just remember: if these accounts make you feel anxious and agitated, remember people work in different flows and they were also beginners one day. You can always unfollow them anytime.

1. Camila Farani (@camilafarani – 218k followers)

Image Source: Instagram

Known for her participation in the reality show Shark Tank Brasil, Camila is also an angel investor, entrepreneur, columnist at Estado de São Paulo Journal and ambassador of the Facebook page “Ela Faz História”. Working since she was 16 at her mother’s business, she discovered early in life a talent for management and innovation. She went to Law School, by the age of 20, and when Camila was 23, she already had her own company – by 26, she had four.

Since then, her career is growing more and more. With specializations in High Growth Business at Babson College, Customer Development at Stanford and in Female Leadership, at Dom Cabral Foundation and Smith’s College Executive Education for Women, she ministered classes at the Graduation Program at FGV. She is also the co-founder of Lab22 and MIA (Mulheres Investidoras Anjo), ex director of the group Mundo Verde and winner of many awards, like Barão de Mauá and Best Angel Investor at Startup Awards 2016.

At her Instagram account, she mixes pictures of her personal life with tips for investors and entrepreneurs. If you are interested in learning how to invest and reading positive messages, Camila is the one to follow. And, as she said “being an entrepreneur is being the protagonist of your own life. Is investing in ideas, dreams and purposes.”

2. Luiza Helena Trajano (@luizahelenatrajano – 82,6k followers)

Image Source: Instagram

Graduated in the Law School of Franca, she transformed a small chain of stores – Magazine Luiza – in a competitor of big national’s stores like Casas Bahia and Ponto Frio. She is also an expert in Business Management, the course that helps her to get where she is: president of Management Council at Magazine Luiza. Luiza was the responsible for introducing innovation and creativity in the company, always encouraging her team and increasing team work. Because of that, Magazine Luiza has been for twenty consecutive years in the ranking of “Best Companies to Work.”

During her career, Luiza won a lot of prizes, like the Antônio Proost Rodovalho, by the Federation of Commercial Associations of São Paulo – she was the first woman to receive this award – and the Entrepreneur of the Year, by Época magazine. She was also invited to carry the Olympic torch in 2016, during the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Since 2013, she is president of Mulheres do Brasil, a group aimed to encourage women to be investors, businesswomen and inspire them to follow their dreams.

At her Instagram account, she posts a lot of pictures of the conferences she participates and of her family. It’s really inspiring, because she came from a really small town to become CEO of one of the most recognized retail companies in Brazil.

3. Mari Salles (@loveaccouting – 11,5k followers)

Image Souce: Instagram

Mari is, as she describes, half accountant, half artisan. She graduated in 2009, and it was through her creations in craftwork that she realized that accounting is very important, especially for those who are beginning in the business world. Because of that, she created the Love Accounting, a company located in Barueri that helps small business owners (from photographers to journalists) with accounting.

Her Instagram is cute and combining. In the photo captions there is always a little text, talking about faith, courage or investments. She can connect easily with young people who understand the difficulties of being a small entrepreneur. This profile is recommended for those who want to be business owners.

4. Marie Forleo (@marieforleo – 386k followers)

Image Souce: Instagram

Born and raised in New Jersey (US), Marie is an entrepreneur, writer and philanthropist. She tried to fit in into corporate jobs, but, because of her multiple interests and skills, she couldn’t find her place. Then, she realized that she was a “Multi-Passionate Entrepreneur” – someone who doesn’t fit into a conventional box. Currently, Maria owns a company that awards scholarships to the those in need, talk about social issues and create free content.

To keep this freedom, they offer a paid online training program that aims to help business people – doesn’t matter if they are starting or developing a business or looking to make a big change in their personal life – to achieve the highest levels of their potential.

She also presents a weekly show on Youtube, MarieTV. The content, according to her Instagram profile, “helps people to create their business and a life they love,” she says. It’s important highlight that, she never says that you have to stay focused 24/7 and dedicate your whole life to this. On the contrary, her company mantra is “if it ain’t fun, it won’t get done.”

So, if you always thought that you have a lot of abilities and many interests, and your biggest fear is never fit in any company, Marie is the person you should follow. Oprah named her the “Thoughtful leader for next generation”.

These women are inspiring, aren’t they? Just remember they also had moments of confusion and felt lost. But we all have to start somewhere.

Manuela Borchardt

Casper Libero '19

@manu.borchardt ?
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.