Let the stars decide: here’s the perfect movie for you according to your zodiac sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

It can be a sunny or a rainy day, a hot or cold one, but everybody has those days when all you wanna do is sit in front of a TV and watch a really great movie. Everything seems to be fine except when you realize that you don’t know what to watch. 

So what if you get inspired by your zodiac sign and pick up the movie that matches perfectly with it? The characters, the story… all the characteristics of your sign in a movie! Then get some popcorn, your astrological chart and just play the ideal movie for you! 

Aries

As the first zodiac sign, Aries is known for their desire and intense energy, they are confident, bold, and impatient. If you have these personality traits we know the perfect movie for you, Top Gun: Maverick! In some way you will probably feel like you are watching a biopic, Maverick is a pure Aries.

After more than thirty years serving as one of the Navy’s top aviators, and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) finds himself training a detachment of TOP GUN graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen.

Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it.

Where to watch: Paramount +

Taurus

Known as the most stubborn and persistent people of the zodiac, Taurus people deserve a movie that also has a tempestuous person as the main character. These people are so affectionate and attached that romance can be a good genre for them. That’s why the best mix of this is 10 Things I Hate About You

Starred by Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger, this romantic comedy it’s about a complicated girl, Kat Stratford, who chases away all the boys. The problem is that her sister, Bianca, only can date if she starts dating first. To solve this, the sister and some friends found a mysterious guy for Kat. But, will this boy finally win Kat’s heart? Watch to find out. 

Where to watch: Disney+ 

Gemini

Two in one? Communication, curiosity, and versatility are some of the most interesting aspects of these people. Those who have the sun in Gemini know how to adapt to different places and with different people due to their ability to have a lot of facets and personalities. This explains why their best movie bet needs to be Us, directed by Jordan Peele

The thriller tells the story of a family on vacation at the beach where the mother, Adelaide (Lupita Nyong’o), grew up. However, what seems to be a calm trip becomes a nightmare when four people show up. What they don’t know is that these “others” might have a lot in common with them… Even their faces. 

Where to watch: Youtube — paid separately

cancer

Cancer is a water sign, you probably know that, people with this sign are primarily known for being emotional and highly intuitive. The perfect match for this sign is Love at First Sight, the new Netflix rom-com. It is well known that Cancer is the most romantic and sentimental sign, so it wouldn’t be fair to put any other movie here if not one that celebrates love and feels like a cozy day at home.

This film will show one of the worst days of Hadley Sullivan’s (Haley Lu Richardson) life. Having missed her flight, she’s stuck at JFK airport and late for her father’s second wedding. Then, she meets the perfect boy in the airport’s cramped waiting area.

His name is Oliver (Ben Hardy), he’s British, and he’s sitting in her row. A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Where to watch: Netflix

leo

Leos are known for being lively, fun, loyal, and passionate, just like Ron Stallworth (John David Washington). The protagonist is determined to make a name for himself, to fight for what he believes just like a true Leo. 

BlacKkKlansman is a 2018 American biographical crime comedy-drama film directed by Spike Lee and written by Charlie Wachtel, David Rabinowitz, Kevin Willmott, and Lee himself, based on the 2014 memoir “Black Klansman” by Ron Stallworth.

Set in 1970s Colorado Springs, the plot follows the first African-American detective in the city’s police department as he sets out to infiltrate and expose the local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.

Where to watch: Prime Video

Virgo

Virgos are known for being perfectionists, meticulous, and single-minded in their pursuit of improvement. One character that is just like this is Gil from Midnight in Paris. The movie is eye candy for Virgos!

Another great point for Virgos, “Midnight In Paris” is a visually beautiful movie. It tells the story of Gil (Owen Wilson) and Inez (Rachel McAdams), an American couple who travel to Paris with her parents. Gil is a successful Hollywood screenwriter. He’s also keen to find a more meaningful expression for his literary talents and has begun writing his first novel.

He’s wildly in love with Paris and jumps at the chance to go with Inez and her parents on an unplanned trip. But Inez is less enthusiastic about Paris. When she bumps into some old friends, she seizes the opportunity to spend time with them.

Where to watch: Netflix

libra

The most balanced and undecided people of the zodiac have also an excellent sense of justice. Libra people know how to dress like nobody else and traveling is always a good option for them. That’s why the best movie for this empathetic sign is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, which combines style, travel, and empathy. 

The movie is about four best friends that were always together in the summer. Unfortunately, they will need to take separate ways in life, but they will always be connected by one piece of clothing: a pair of jeans. The interesting thing is that these jeans fit all four girls and maybe they’ll travel more than anyone. 

Where to watch: Amazon Prime Video — paid separately. 

scorpio

Gone Girl shows Scorpio’s fascination with psychological depth and the intricacies of human nature. It explores themes of power, secrets, and revenge, leaving viewers questioning the characters’ true nature and the complexities of trust. Scorpios are not the ones you want to mess with and this film is here to prove it. 

Gone Girl is a 2014 American psychological thriller film directed by David Fincher and written by Gillian Flynn, based on her 2012 novel of the same name. A tale of a marriage gone cold and a sociopath who won’t stop at any cost to get revenge.

Where to watch: Netflix

sagittarius

With a free soul and a traveler’s heart, the Sagittarius people are always good-tempered. They are optimistic about their choices but sometimes lose the limits of it and the situation can get out of control. A person who has these characteristics is Ferris Bueller, the main character of our recommendation, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

This 80s classic is a journey into a day of Ferris Bueller’s (Matthew Broderick) life when he decided to cut class for the last time before graduating. Pretending to be sick and promising to stay at home, the high school boy goes into the most exciting and troubled day ever. 

Where to watch: Paramount and Telecine

capricorn

Just like Rihanna said: “B**** Better Have My Money”. Capricorns love this piece of paper like nobody else. Moved by ambition and responsibility, these people appreciate the hard work and sometimes are known as workaholics. By the way, someone who is also a workaholic is Jordan Belfort, the main character of our movie suggestion The Wolf of Wall Street

Directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, the production is based on the memories of Jordan Belfort, a stockbroker responsible for one of the most scandalous corruption cases in the United States. The movie tells the story about the ascension of Belfort in Wall Street, marked by drugs, illegal methods and lots of money. 

Where to watch: HBO Max and Amazon Prime Video

aquarius

Aquarians are highly intellectual, creative, progressive, rebellious, and original, just like the two protagonists from Daisies. In some way, Aquarians live in their own worlds just like both Marie’s (the main characters). The girls’ first scene already screams Aquarius, by the way they are independent and unique.

Everything starts with two teenage girls, both named Marie. They decide that since the world is spoiled they will be spoiled as well; accordingly, they embark on a series of destructive pranks in which they consume and destroy the world around them. This freewheeling, madcap feminist farce was immediately banned by the government.

Where to watch: Youtube

pisces

The zodiac dreamers, Pisces can quickly get lost from reality. Being supportive and sensitive are some of their qualities, although they can be easily deluded by some situations. For this reason, movies about time-traveling are great bets for them. So, the stars’ suggestion for this one is the Brazilian movie Perdida

The new book adaptation, Perdida tells the story of Sofia (Giovanna Grigio), a girl who is passionate about Jane Austen‘s work and just believes in that kind of love. One night, after using a stranger’s mobile, she gets lost in a different world. What she didn’t expect is that, in this world, she can find her true love. 

Where to watch: Disney+ and Star+.

extra

Is there any movie that can match all the signs? Maybe there is! Elemental is the new Disney and Pixar animation and the story takes place in the Element City.

In this town, the four elements — fire, water, earth, and air — live together, but there are some conflicts between the water residents and the fire ones. However, there is this water guy who can completely change the life of one specific fire girl and maybe stop the conflicts. 

Where to watch: Disney+

That was our star sign recommendations. If you are a zodiac lover, you should probably watch all of the films above! If you can’t see yourself on your sign film, don’t freak out, our personalities are not based only on our sun sign… We also have to consider our moon and other planets!

The article above was edited by Amanda Moraes.

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Isabelle Bignardi

Casper Libero '26

Hi! I´m a journalism student at Cásper Líbero and I love to talk about movies, pop culture, music, astrology and books. By writing some texts for you, I hope to make a difference in the way you see these topics. Hope you like it! =)
Malu Alcântara

Casper Libero '26

I’m Malu, a journalism student at Casper Libero, still learning the art of writing.