This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Taking care of yourself is an act of self love and you can do it many ways, from skincare to moisturizing your hair. The capillary schedule it’s an amazing way to take care and get to know your hair better. But do you know what it is and how can you start one?

But, what is a capillary schedule?

Capillary schedule is a care routine that interpolate three treatments: moisturizing, nutrition and reconstruction. Each stage offers a specific solution for hair damaged by sun, sea, pollution, dryer, chlorinated water and many others.

Every capillary schedule is different, because it helps you with what your hair needs. Every care routine, life and products you use in your hair has a different impact. 

Moisturizing

That’s the procedure responsible to replenish water and nutrients that are lost everyday. This way, keeping a moisturizing routine, you’re helping to free your hair of dryness.

Nutrition

Nutrition is the procedure that will replenish lipids. Lipids are fats produced by the scalp giving a protective layer to your hair.

This is a really important step that can not be confused with moisturizing. Every hair needs both of them.

Reconstruction

If you feel your hair brittle and porous, it’s time to reconstruct.

That’s the powerful step of capital schedule, so you must check the need of this step. In other words, it is live saving for elastic and really damaged hair.

As said, every Capilar Schedule is different, so it is important to make sure what your hair really needs. To know that, you have to get to know your hair and talk to a professional hair stylist.

How can I start a capillary schedule?

If you want to start a capillary schedule, you should do a porosity test. You’ll just need to put a strand of hair inside a water cup:

So, if the strand floats, you need moisturizing;

If the strand don’t sink or floats, you need nutrition;

If the strand sinks, you need reconstruction.

When you finish your test you can adapt your week routine by always intercalating your needs. You can download apps and also search what you need online to make sure you don’t damage your hair.

It is really important to talk to a professional hair stylist!

——————————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Thays Avila​.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Beatriz Olivetti

Casper Libero '21

Brazilian, cinephile, and totally in love with the journalism, hope you like my job