This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

MITA: what is it?

Music Is The Answer, a.k.a MITA is a brazilian festival that happens once a year in two locations: Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. 
This year’s lineup made people lose their minds over the headline artist’s, that includes Lana Del Rey and Florence + The Machine.

Back To The Basics

The last time that Lana Del Rey performed at a solo concert was in 2019, with her tour: ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’! Since then, she has released three more albums.

She was supposed to perform at the 2020 Lollapalooza’s festival in Brazil, but her concert was canceled due to the pandemic. The fans think that it was so sweet of her to make her first tour concert where she stopped, prioritizing the brazilian fans.

What to expect?

Due to the differences between the last three albums, many people were questioning themselves about what to expect. The answer is that nobody knew. We didn’t know if she would sing more songs from her old albums or her newest ones, what type of clothing she’d wear- a gentle reminder that her stage outfits are known for being iconic and showing her true self- or how long the concert would be.

But the fans were extremely excited for the concert, like says Jeff Rodrigues, from Fortaleza, Brazil: 

“My expectation is actually quite accumulated because I never went to one of her concerts, not even in 2018 and I didn’t even buy the 2020 Lollapalooza’s ticket, because I wasn’t working and couldn’t afford the costs. Since 2012 I’ve been a fan of hers when I was still in high school and for me it will be a dream come true, even though my expectation is to enjoy it as best as possible, knowing that I won’t be in the premium section of the event.”

Fan’s anticipation

Since the last time she performed, her fanbase has changed a lot. Her unreleased songs were only consumed by a few fans, who kept them as their own little secret on YouTube or SoundCloud. It is no secret that Lana doesn’t like it, but her view on this changed too. 

On ‘Blue Banisters’ – her eighth studio album – she released three unreleased songs: ‘Living Legend’, ‘Thunder’ and ‘Cherry Blossom’. And just a few days before her Rio de Janeiro’s concert, she released a very well known song: ‘Say Yes To Heaven’.  

Just a day left for her stage comeback, Taylor Swift dropped her new version of the album ‘Midnights’, featuring ‘Snow On The Beach’ (feat. More Lana Del Rey) – letting Lana really sing.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM2FyxpKp/

The release of these two songs made the fans go wild, wishing desperately that she would sing them at the concert. Thanks to this topic, a new discussion started on the internet: what songs will be featured in her performance? 

We asked some of the fans what songs they wished she would sing. Here are the most mentioned ones: 

1. Ultraviolence: this was the top one song on the fan’s favorite.
  1. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep‐sea fishing: by far one of the most popular ones in her new album.
  1. Taco Truck X VB: the best of both worlds- a little bit of Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd and a sprinkle of Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Repercussion

Like expected, the concert made the world set eyes on Brazil. The festival was – and still is – a hot topic on social media.https://twitter.com/ldrhq/status/1662621282821627911?s=46&t=zn49sopfCD0qAw8HdaK4hg

This was a very special concert. She performed Flipside for the first time ever, making the fans go crazy.

And so many other songs that were emotional to the crowd.

Many people at the concert complained about the sound quality and infrastructure- especially people at the pit.

Lana also started late, due to technical problems involving the sound quality, like mentioned before. So she asked for a couple more minutes to sing two songs she planned, but the event said no, making her upset. 

Overall, her stage debut after a long break was beautiful and special. Even in a small festival, she gave  all the fans what they  wanted and more. 

———————————————————————————————————————————————-

This article above was edited by Mariana Miranda Pacheco.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Duda Kabzas

Casper Libero '26

A journalism student who loves sharing stories and knowing people!