Keep Calm! Here Are Some Tips To Pass Through The End Of The Semester Without Panic

We all know that the end of the semester can be really stressful - especially when you're experiencing a worldwide pandemic for basically a whole year. And to be honest, I feel a little bit hypocritical writing this article - I confess, sometimes, most of the time, I can't keep calm. But this is, actually, the first tip.

1. 1. Remember that you are not alone

Photo of people at work putting their hands on top of each other

Quoting Broadway's huge success High School Musical, we're all in this together. But seriously, it's ok to feel blue sometimes - but remember that you have the support of your friends and family. Lean on that, and everything will be much easier.

2. 2. Spend some time with yourself

Take time to take care of yourself - make a facial clay mask or moisturize your hair, for example. Just separate a day to love yourself and not stress about anything else. If a whole day isn't possible, a couple hours, even once a week, away from everything and anyone won't be the end of the world.

3. 3. Meditate

woman practicing yoga and meditating

You may have heard this a couple of times but I swear it's not a cliche. Before I tried, I thought that it wasn't that big of a deal that people used to say - now, I see that I sleep so much better after taking 10 or 15 minutes before bed to meditate. Also, when I'm too stressed with college or work, I take just five minutes to breath and concentrate on me - it really helps to not have a breakdown.

4. 4. Do your favorite hobby

If you like to cook, cook. If you like to read, read. Dedicate some hours to your favorite thing - life is not all about work. If you don't have some leisure time, you will have a meltdown. 

5. 5. Do some physical activity

Person Wearing Brown Bubble Jacket

Physical activity can be a true pleasure when it's not to lose weight, as society imposes to us. Go run, do some martial art or something you like - you'll release stress through exercise.

6. 6. Sleep

girl laying in bed feeling stressed out

I confess, it's one of my favorite things in the world. But sleep deprivation can cause a lot of problems: body aches, tiredness, dowsiness, irritability, loss of recent memories, slowness of reasoning - it's a truly long list.

7. 7. Pay attention to your mental health

lonely woman looking out a window

Mental health is just as important as physical health - if not more. There's no shame in searching for professional health - it's time for this taboo to end. Go see a therapist, psychologist or a psychiatrist. Talk about what's going on with you - what worries you, how you're feeling. It will help, I promise.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The article above was edited by Helena Leite.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!