It’s Show Time! 11 Concerts We Can Expect In Brazil In 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

As a Brazilian music fan, once in your life, you probably wrote the cliche “come to Brazil” comment on your favorite artist’s picture. We’ve all been there, hoping that someday they’ll suddenly announce a new tour with Brazil somewhere in the route. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

But the wait is over: the end of the year is here and so are the international concerts confirmed in Brazil in 2020!

Maroon 5

With date, cities and ticket prices yet to be confirmed, Maroon 5 returns to Brazil after three years since their last performance. 

The group was supposed to be one of the main artists in the music festival Villa Mix, in São Paulo, this year but cancelled during the ticket sale due to troubles in schedule, since the festival had been postponed.

McFly

After being in a confirmed hiatus for one year (even though it’s been three years since their last tour), McFly is back with new music and a world tour. And guess what? Brazil is on the official route!

The concert is expected to happen during the first semester of 2020 (most likely in March). 

Six Brazilian cities were confirmed as part of the tour: São Paulo, Ribeirão Preto, Rio de Janeiro, Uberlândia, Porto Alegre and Curitiba. Ticket prices are yet to be defined.

Backstreet Boys

The iconic boyband announced, in August, three shows in Brazil as part of their “The DNA World Tour”. Taking place in Uberlândia, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, the concerts will be held in March 11th, 13th and 15th, respectively.

Costing from R$290 to R$770, the tickets were quick to sold out in Rio de Janeiro (Jeunesse Arena)  and São Paulo (Allianz Parque). Uberlândia (Sabiazinho Arena) still has floor tickets available.

The 1975

The British band, that performed in 2017 and 2019 at Lollapalooza, in São Paulo, will be in Brazilian land some time in May, according to the journalist José Norberto Flesch.

The 1975 has a new album on the way. “Notes on a Conditional Form” is expected to be dropped on February 20th.

No further informations were given, so we don’t know the exact dates, the cities that will be on the route nor the ticket prices and sale.

Lollapalooza Brasil

In its 9th edition, Lollapalooza Brasil will be held, once again, in Interlagos Racing Track on April 3rd, 4th and 5th. The lineup of the upcoming festival was recently released, making both teenagers and adults more than excited. 

Just to give you a little taste: Gun’s and Roses, The Strokes, Lana Del Rey, Travis Scott, Jaden Smith, Rita Ora, Lauv, Martin Garrix and Gwen Stefani are some of the artists expected in the festival next year.

Lolla Pass ticket sale already started (the prices are at R$1615,00) and the days schedules are yet to be released – meaning that the Lolla Day tickets are not available yet. Lolla Parties, the individual concerts that are held days before the festival, also have not been announced yet.

Metallica with Greta Van Fleet and Ego Kill Talent

As part of their “WorldWired” world tour, Metallica announced four shows in Brazil: taking place in Porto Alegre, Curitiba, São Paulo and Belo Horizonte (April 21st, 23rd, 25th and 27th respectively). The American band Greta Van Fleet is expected to open the concert, along with Ego Kill Talent, a rock band from São Paulo.

The most of the tickets already sold out, but VIP Package is still available in all cities. However, Porto Alegre still has floor, upper and lower seats being sold. The same goes to Belo Horizonte that still was upper and lower seats tickets.

Kiss

The hard rock band is performing in Brazil for the seventh and last time next year with their “End Of The Road” world tour. The date was not revealed yet but it is expected to be during May, with a concert in São Paulo already confirmed.

Louis Tomlinson

The former One Direction member recently announced a world tour to promote his debut album: Walls — with release date scheduled to January 31st 2020. 

Mark your calendar: Louis will be performing twice in Brazil, May 9th, in Rio de Janeiro and May 10th in São Paulo. The concerts will take place in Vivo Rio and Tom Brasil, respectively. Both venues are way smaller than the stadiums he used to sell out, so expect the ticket sale to be a tricky one. Ticket prices were not announced yet.

Billie Eilish

17 year-old Billie Eilish announced in September that she will perform in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro on May 30th and 31st. The singer was expected as one of the attractions in Lollapalooza 2020 edition but chose to have two solo concerts. 

It was revealed that Billie plans on doing an eco-friendly tour teamed up with Reverb, a company specialized in “green concerts”. In her concerts, the fans are supposed to bring “their own water bottles”, according to her, since there won’t be water bottles being sold, but instead there will be a water refill station. Apart from that, a “Billie Eilish Eco-Villa” will be built, where the fans will have the opportunity to learn more about climate change and how can we fight it.

Tickets from both concerts are still available in all seats, but the ones with student discounts sold out.

Taylor Swift 

Seven years after her last concert in Brazil, the iconic pop singer Taylor Swift is back for a solo show in São Paulo as part of the “Lover” tour. It will be held at Allianz Parque — that can fit up to 45 thousand people — in July 18th.

Ticket sale started in October 25th (23rd if you are a client from C6 Bank) and the prices vary from R$150 to R$850. But, with almost 100 thousand people trying to buy it online, the tickets sold out in less than 15 minutes, according to a website. 

For the joy of the Swifties, an extra date was recently announced. The singer will also be performing in July 19th. Tickets will be available to the public in November 1st (October 29th if you are a client from C6 Bank).

Jonas Brothers

After seven years of hiatus, the pop band came back with a brand new album and tour, “Happiness Begins”. Little to no information is known about when and where in Brazil the tour will be held, having only an speculation of the month: November 2020. Ticket sales and prices also have not been revealed.

2020 is up to no good with these amazing concerts. See you there!

Amanda Oestreich

Casper Libero '22

Journalism major, playlist enthusiast and enemies-to-lovers #1 fan Campus Correspondent @ Her Campus at Cásper Líbero
Camille Carboni

Casper Libero '19

Senior at Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism and Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus. Proudly a cat person, tea and french desserts addicted and specially in love with cinnamon. Deeply crazy about maps and everything travel related, so if you wanna catch my attention, you should know airports will always be my favorite places on earth.