It’s Fall Season: 10 TV Shows That Are Returning In September

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you’re really into TV Shows, you know that September starts the must called “Fall Season” on the other side of the planet.

And like every other September (even the one in Earth, Wind & Fire song) our favorite TV Shows are coming back! Here’s a list of the ones you can’t miss this month:

1. Grey’s Anatomy: Season 15 – Thursday, Sept. 27 – 8 p.m. | ABC

Image Source: IMDb

America’s sweetheart Meredith Grey is back again with all the best drama that keeps us getting back for 15 years! The new season will come with a lot of romance for Meredith and a double episode on September 27.

2. Marvel’s Iron Fist: Season 2  – Thursday, Sept. 6 | Netflix

Image Source: IMDb

Even though the first season wasn’t the Marvel’s best premiere on Netflix, Danny Rand, AKA Iron Fist, is back again on demand in a crazier and more treacherous season. The new story is on Netflix right now. Go check!

3. Atypical: Season 2  –  Friday, Sept. 7 | Netflix

Image Source: IMDb

Sam’s world was a mess on the final chapter of last season. But we can guarantee that the new one is taking everything to a place where things are getting deeper and more interesting than ever.  Mom, Dad, Casey and Zahidi’s lives are a big part of the season. Go catch up now!

4. American Horror Story: Apocalypse – Wednesday, Sept. 12 | FX

Image Source: IMDb

Well, well, well… If we were talking about getting deeper: “The story begins with the end of the world and then our world begins,” executive producer Alexis Martin Woodall said of “American Horror Story: Apocalypse”. Just for the first picture, we are already freaking excited to get scared!

5. The Big Bang Theory: Season 12 – Monday, Sept. 24 – 8 p.m | CBS

Image Source: IMDb

For the last time, our dearest and favorite nerds are back on TV. It’s hard to say goodbye for those freaks that are with us for TWELVE YEARS. We can’t wait to see what comes next Sheldon and Amy’s wedding and how the rest of the gang will be. We miss them already!

6. Young Sheldon: Season 2, – Monday, Sept. 24 – 8:30 p.m | CBS

Image Source: IMDb

Ok, even if the rest of the group are probably over for good, we still got our little genius right after TBBT on CBS. Sheldon’s adventures with his family are probably hilarious and emotional than in the first season… Don’t miss it!

7. This Is Us: Season 3 – Tuesday, Sept. 25 – 9 p.m | NBC

Image Source: IMDb

We don’t know if its everything okay in start crying just with the series name. But when it is “This is Us”, it’s okay, right? The critically acclaimed TV show is getting back and just for the trailers we must expect those heartwarming stories to be back.

8. Modern Family: Season 10 – Wednesday, Sept. 26 – 10 9 p.m | ABC

Image Source: IMDb

I don’t know about you, but we can’t get enough of our TV show family! Yes, even if it’s their tenth season, we guess they’re just getting crazier every year. But creators said that we can expect some emotionally moment. Tune in!

9. The Good Place: Season 3 – Thursday, Sept. 27 – 8 p.m | NBC

Image Source: IMDb

The last season just left us with one of the biggest cliffhangers of all time. Like the last one. But, right now, we got this Revival thing for Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Chidi (William Jackson Harper), Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jason (Manny Jacinto). When it comes to The Good Place, we don’t know what comes next, but we can guarantee great laughs!

10. How to Get Away with Murder: Season 5 – Thursday, Sept. 27 – 10 p.m | ABC

Image Source: IMDb

Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) IS BACK! And guess what? The trailer from the new season suggests a new case for the team. Well, with those unfinished business from last season plus this new one… We just can’t wait!

BONUS:

Maniac: Season 1 (2018) – Thursday, Sept. 27 | Netflix

Image Source: IMDb

Maybe we’re cheating because this one is premiering this year. But the plot is too good and the hype is too loud to just ignore it. Well, imagine Emma Stone and Jonah Hill in a comedy with Sy-Fy background. However, Variety’s Daniel Addario said the drama “takes its place among the year’s best TV”. That’s all we know and we’re dying to know this story.

Leticia Rocha

Casper Libero '21

Freak, geek and journalism student. With a foot in indie/punk rock and another one in Taylor Swift. But with them both, the head and everything else in pop culture and cherish amazing women.
Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows.