This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The end of the semester can be a rough time. The great amount of exams and assignments make most of the students anxious and stressed. However, it is possible to get through this period more calmly. Check out some tips to help you deal with the end of the semester.

The psychologist Katia Cilene Moreschi (@neuropsi_katia.moreschi) explained that it is normal to be stressed out and anxious at the end of the semester, due to the many tasks that have to be completed. She also reminds us that those feelings are not bad since they are only a mechanism of your organism to deal with the different situations that may appear and keep you alert. However, it is important to warn that they are not supposed to cause emotional distress or to make you feel unwell.

Katia says that the best way to not feel overwhelmed at this period is to not let the subjects accumulate. Try not to procrastinate, so you can get as many things out of your way as possible. Being a dedicated and organized student during the whole semester can help you with that. Putting together a studying routine can also be of extreme importance, so you can keep track of your progress and not feel lost in the many assignment’s deadlines. For those who do not know how to start to be organized, there are many tutorials and tips on the internet.

Planner, Open, Pens, Tombow, Weekly, Spread
rayedigitaldesigns / Pixabay
Besides having an organized studying routine, Katia reminds us that it is really important to set aside some time for yourself. Some leisure time can keep you more relaxed and make you more productive! So do not forget to take time for self-care and relaxing, by watching your favorite show or doing a spa day.

Woman Lying on White Textile With Sliced Cucumbers on Her Eyes
Breakingpic from Pexels
She advises that meditation and breathing techniques can be extremely helpful in moments that you feel overwhelmed. It is easy to find tutorials of different methods on the internet and discover which one works better for you. And if you get nervous in tests or presentations these methods may assist you. Before an important school event try doing one of those techniques; they can help you out.

Todd Kent
To sum up, it is normal to feel stressed and anxious at the end of the semester. However, it is possible to deal with it in a lighter way, by having an organized studying routine and taking time to yourself. This period may seem hard, but just remember, you got it!

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Thays Avila.

Liked this type of content? Her Campus Casper Líbero home page for more!

Hello! My name is Giovanna, I am 20 years old and I am from São Paulo. I love to write and always use all of my creativity in it! Hope you have enjoyed my articles!
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.