This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Four days of barely sleeping, screaming our lungs out, partying like crazy, taking terrible showers and drinking nonstop. It’s the best, but you probably won’t come back alive…that is, if you don’t have the right tips.

Tip #1: Where to set your tent?

As soon as you arrive at the alojas, hurry to catch the best spot you can to set your tent. The 1st best spot is somewhere with a ceiling: put a roof over your head.  

The 2nd best, which will be out on the open, is debatable. Some say it’s on grass because it’s soft (if it rains, though, you’ll be sleeping on mud). Others say it’s on concrete because rain won’t destroy your tent (but it’s super hard, so you’ll probably end up with bruises), so it’s up to you.  

Tip #2: Showering

There will be showers at the alojas and you’ll probably be able to shower at some locals’ houses.

At the alojas: try showering at alternative hours like late at night, early in the morning or in the afternoon, when everyone is at the games, to avoid lines. ALWAYS use flipflops. Take liquid soap instead of soap bars (less messy).

People with long hair: avoid washing your hair. I know it sounds gross, but you might not be able to dry it so chances are you’ll get sick.

At a local’s house: if they charge you over R$15, go some place else. Some of them have hair driers and let you use them (they might charge extra).

To dry your towels, throw them on top of your tent. 

Other bathroom necessities: be clean. Take your own toilet paper rolls.

Tip #3: Eating

Atlética always gives us free breakfast. EAT IT. Also if you find some place that serves real food (like a PF), GO THERE.

Tip #4: Drinking

Take Engov to avoid hangovers and drink lots of water.

And try to wait to get to Sorocaba to start drinking (no one wants a puked bus because someone couldn’t wait one hour to start doing shots). Once you’re there drink as much as you like, obviously! Just don’t puke on other people or die (:

Tip #5: Loving each other

It’s simple: if someone says “no”, then it’s “NO”. And, if the other person is too drunk to make a conscious decision, don’t take advantage (this should be obvious). And CONDOMS.

Tip #6: Cheering

You’ll probably run out of voice, so buy or take with you, própolis and soar throat tablets (like Strepsils or Benalet — the best ones).

Don’t get into fights with other schools. You’ll ruin your Juca and Cásper can even be punished over it.

That’s all!! I hope you all enjoy your Juca!

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.