This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The second semester has started, and we are already thinking about the next vacation and what to do during summer. When it comes to traveling, the earlier you plan it, the best.      

Because of this, Her Campus will help you organize the best summer vacation of your life aiming the cost benefit, the necessary documents and the schedule.

Documents

National or international, it is extremely important to check if you have the necessary documents to enter a city, a state or country. Nationally, you must have a valid ID (identification card) and check if you need to take any vaccines. To go to Manaus, for example, it’s advisable to get vaccinated against yellow fever, hepatitis A (in two doses), anti tetanus and hepatitis B.

Internationally, some south america countries accept the ID, but it’s easier to use the passport. With this document, you will be able to travel the world. Some countries, like the USA, need one more document: the visa, which can be issued by a forwarding agent.

Verifying the vaccines framework it’s also important. If you’re interested on renting a car out of your country, you must take your international driver’s license, but also need to check if you’re going to need any other certification.

Cost – Benefit

Traveling takes time and money, however, there are many types of travels to choose:

Road Trip: this kind of travel is mainly done inside your country. Your benefit is on the economy of your airplane tickets and on the privilege of going places you never thought about going before. You have the control of your trip.

– Cruises: sailing on the high seas is spectacular. Cruises are incredible for those who don’t wanna spend much money on food (which most of the times is included) and those who are looking for practicality. It’s a floating resort where you’re going to find concerts, group activities, clubs, casinos, etc.

Backpacking: the main thing of this kind of travel is the surprise. You’re all on your own and just follow your script. Usually, people that choose this kind of travel stay in simple hotels and relinquish luxury.

Travel Company Packages: those are safe travels with everything planned. There are group tours, transfers, etc. 

It’s important to know that the cost benefit, independently of the kind of travel, consists on antecedence. The most close to your travel day, the more expensive things will be.

Destinations

During the brazilian summer vacation, the best destinations are on the coast. A Northeast tour through the beautiful beaches of Maranhão, Piauí, Ceará, Rio Grande do Norte, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Alagoas, Sergipe and Bahia, visiting the natural pools, the historic centers, and getting in touch with the rich culture of the brazilian northeast.

The South Coast also attracts a lot of tourists, the most searched destinations are Florianópolis and Balneário Camburiú (both in Santa Catarina). And of course, the beautiful North Coast and the wonderful city: Rio de Janeiro.

If you wanna run away from summer, the perfect places to go during December, January and February are on the north hemisphere. But without forgetting that you have to be wearing appropriate clothes for the low temperatures and snow. 

The United States – on places like New York and Boston, the cold is severe (hitting temperatures like 20 negative degrees celsius). In New York, the winter is even more magic with walking on the central park and ice skating. In Alaska, you can see the Northern Lights. On states like Florida, the weather is milder, perfect to enjoy the disney themed parks (which are not too crowded by that time of the year).

Europe – the continent gets extremely charming on winter. It’s important to verify if some attractions will be open. The coldest countries are in the north (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden). Switzerland stands out because of it’s countless ski resorts. Countries closest to the middle of the continent have a milder weather. Airplane tickets and hotels are cheaper. 

There are some places where the perfect time to visit is during the summer vacation, places which the hot weather is intense during the whole year, having only milder weather from december to february. Those places are:

Cancun – it’s high season, perfect to enjoy the paradisiac beaches and the tropical weather.

United Arab Emirates – traveling to Dubai and Abu Dhabi is a dream, but the high season keeps the tourists away. Although, at this time of the year the weather gets mild and it’s perfect to get to know the arabic world.

Some destinations drop in prices during our summer, such as Cape Town (Africa), Dubrovnik (Croatia), Toronto (Canada), some Latin American countries, Taupo (New Zealand), etc.

We hope it helped you to better organize your next vacation.

Giovanna Scarparo

Casper Libero '22

My name is Giovanna Scarparo, I am a journalism student at Casper Libero College. I'm in love with music, books, movies and animals. I am a pianist and trained in musical theory by the maraisa music conservatory. I see HerCampus as an opportunity to expand my ability as a writer.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.