This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Concealer is the holy-grail makeup product for people who need to hide problem areas. With it, you can conceal anything from pimples, scars, dark circles to even tattoos.

If regular concealers are not enough to cover the spots you want gone or if you have to apply too much and your face looks cakey, you should definitely give the colorful ones a try. To figure out which shade is the right one you must take a look at the color wheel, colors that opposite one another will cancel the other out.

The green corrector neutralizes redness, it works wonderfully to hide zits and acne. If you have overall redness, like rosacea, try using a correcting primer. 

Peach and salmon toned concealers are ideal to hide dark circles on fair to medium skin tones. These correctors brighten the eye area and masks signs of fatigue.

Just like the peachy concealers, the orange corrector is the answer to darkness on the eye area in deeper skin tones.

The yellow corrector hide spots with purple or blue undertones, like veins, bruises and and dark circles. It works great as an under-eye highlight and also makes your skin look brighter.

The purple corrector counteracts yellow undertones. Use this concealer to illuminate the complexion and make your skin look glowy.

Larissa Damascena

Casper Libero '20

-
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.