This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Name: Giullia GusmanYear: 1stMajor: JournalismHometown: São PauloSign: TaurusStatus: SingleInterests: Music, sports, TV series

The culture of idolizing comes from a while back – a quick search on Google shows the word fandom dates back 1903. However, it was Rock ‘n’ Roll that brought back the real meaning of this phenomenon: rockstars in sunglasses, screaming fangirls, crowdsurfing and band merch. It is easy to remember The Beatles as one of the precursors of the movement. Considered one of the greatest bands to exist on Earth and consequently influenced the history of music in a worldwide manner, they still drag millions of adorers, and many of them weren’t even born when the band split up or John Lennon was still alive.Scrolling down through Giullia Gusman’s Facebook timeline is a complete adventure through a fan’s life. She discovered her passion for the four musicians when she was only fourteen years-old, after finding the album “1”. “I listened to the album back and back, to-and-fro, and a little later Paul [McCartney] announced he would do other concerts in Brazil after seventeen years. I went to the gig and fell completely in love with him”, she told HerCampus in a little interview before classes.

She’s been to eight Paul McCartney concerts and three Ringo presentations, some in different cities.One of her best memories is at 2014’s tour, when she gathered a couple of friends to travel around the country following the live shows – they’ve slept in line more than once to get the closest to the stage. She continues: “It’s not as radical as it seems. We rented an apartment near the stadium in Brasília, for example, so we could take a shower and eat. In São Paulo was the same, but I basically would go home for these things and come back to line.”

But the ultimate question was: for such dedication, how would be the perfect meeting with Paul? After hesitating for a while, she answers: “Any meeting with Paul would be perfect! Anything is worth it.”

Her free time doesn’t stop there – she is also a lover of TV series. “I’ve watched Friends a hundred times, but I also enjoy watching How I Met Your Mother and House as well”, she completes.

It takes years of dedication. The true connection with an artist’s work – music, painting, and cinema – is more than a gratifying experience of finally finding someone who understands you. Giullia chose her personal confidences from the earliest generations of Rock music while still giving much of her dedication to both school and friends. But who are we to blame – she’ll certainly have a tons of stories to tell when she’s older.

Brenda Zacharias

Casper Libero

Brenda is just a (not so) small town girl still adjusting her temper to living in the hustle and bustle of São Paulo. Majoring in journalism, she is passionate about sharing experiences and listening to new stories - especially when they seem to be made for a movie. She spends her spare time reading comic books, listening to 00's music and collecting great profiles and articles published online. Not so secretly, she nurtures a special relationship with her still in progress, self-made Kardashian clan bio.
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.