Heres’s What You Need To Know About Joshua Bassett’s New EP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

You know the feeling when you are listening to some music and you keep thinking “Thank God, there are people in this world who can express their emotions through music”? This is what I thought while listening to Joshua Bassett’s new EP. The brand-new Disney star released his first-ever extended EP on March 12, which includes the singles ‘Lie Lie Lie’ and ‘Only a Matter of Time’, besides the other 4 songs.

Tracks: Lie Lie Lie and Only a Matter of Time

To be completely honest, when I heard Lie Lie Lie, the first song to come out, I thought “Great, just another song made by the main ingredients of pop music, with a passive-aggressive lyric. Because of that, my expectations for the EP were low, but that did not stop me from checking his other single ‘Only a Matter of Time’, which is by far one of his greatest anthems. In this track, Joshua shows his angelic voice and amazing music production. After hearing this, I decided to give it a shot and I am happy that I did.

Tracks: Do It All Again and Heaven is You

The other 4 songs can be divided into two types of “vibe”: ‘Do It All Again’ and ‘Heaven is You’ can be classified as great slow-love and heartbreaking songs. In the first one, due to the incredible melodies and lyrics, you can feel your heart breaking a little, even if you have never been in a relationship, as he remembers a love relation he had himself. As far as the second goes, Joshua declares his love for his beloved, saying that she is his heaven on earth, with a lovely piano in the background – this one is a personal favorite.

Tracks: Sorry and Telling Myself

These two, are more energetic. With a magnificent piano solo at the beginning, ‘Sorry’ is a very catchy song. Finally, we have another catchy anthem:‘Telling Myself’, the perfect song to dance in front of the mirror.

—————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Giullia Cartaxo.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Clara Guimarães

Casper Libero '24

young journalist still learning the art of writing. a lover of series, films and music.