Hamburger Day: Recipes To Celebrate The Day At Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The hamburger is one of the best known foods, not only as the main dish but also as a side of very tasteful meals. If before it was seen as practical, nowadays it is very gourmet, made in the most different ways for those who love meat and for vegans and vegetarians too. To enjoy the day of the hamburger, celebrated on May 28, here are some recipes for you to make at home and have fun, not only on that special date but whenever you want to eat something different 

Tradicional Burger

Let’s start by learning how to make a homemade hamburger, one that makes you want to taste it already

Ingredients

– 3 kg of meat

– 300 g of bacon

– 1 egg

– 3 tablespoons of wheat flour

It’s very easy: just mix all the ingredients, shape the burgers in the shape and weight you prefer, and fry. It’s delicious, and it can also be frozen. Remember to put layers of plastic between each portion so the meat doesn’t stick!

Lentil Burger

Hello vegetarians! Here is an option without meat, made with lentils!

Ingredients 

– 1 teacup of raw lentils 

– 4 teacups of water

– 1 chopped clove of garlic

– 1/2 teacup chopped onion

– 1/2 teacup chopped coriander

– 1 tablespoon of olive oil

– 1 tablespoon of salt

– cumin 

– about 1/2 cup of tea of brown rice flour

– 1/2 cup oatmeal flake

How to do it

1. Mix garlic, onion, coriander, olive oil, salt, and cumin

2. Add the oatmeal flake and brown rice flour little by little, until you get the point of modeling

3. Divide the portions in the amount you prefer and freeze if necessary. Then just fry and it’s ready

Parmigiana

Parmigiana is a great choice for those who want to innovate  Originally from Italy, the recipe uses eggplant instead of meat. But as it is hamburger day, nothing better than changing the ingredients a little and make a different dish. 

Ingredients

– 1 can o tomato sauce

– 1 teaspoon of oregano

– 1 tablespoon of olive oil

– 6 hamburgers

– mozzarella

– 3 tablespoons of grated cheese

– 1/2 tablespoon of salt

– 1/2 cup of water

How to do it

1. Heat the tomato sauce with the water and add the oregano and remove from the heat

2. Spread the oil in a container and place the hamburgers on top

3. Bake for about 15 minutes turning the meat on both sides. Then, put the sauce on the hamburgers  and cover with the cheeses and take to gratinate

Mc Fish

And what about that super tasty and well-known McFish, you can do it at home too. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients

– 1/2 kg of hake fillet

– 1/2 Lemon

– 1/2 onion

– 2 to 3 tablespoons full of wheat flour

– breadcrumbs

– 2 eggs

– salt and pepper

– oil

– hamburger bread

– cheddar cheese 

Souce

– 1/2 lemon

– 1 teaspoon mustard

– salt 

– 1 sliced pickled cucumber

– 1/2 cup mayo

How to do it

1. Process the fish, onion, half lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Put the mixture in a container

2. Break the eggs that will be used to batter in a container. Take a tablespoon and a half from these eggs and put them in the mixture. Add wheat flour, mix it and shape it 

3. Batter with breadcrumbs, egg, and breadcrumbs again. Fry in oil 

4. In the sauce it is necessary to mix the mayo, the mustard, the juice of half a lemon, the salt, and the pickles in a container

5. Break the eggs that will be used to bread in a container. Take a tablespoon and a half from these eggs and put them in the mixture. Add wheat flour, mix it and shape it

6. Bread with breadcrumbs, egg, and breadcrumbs again. Fry in oil until golden

7. In the sauce it is necessary to mix the mayo the mustard, the juice of half a lemon, the salt, and the pickles

Shitake and Shimeji Burger

Vegan burgers can be made and accompanied in a variety of ways, so this recipe with shitake and shimeji is that special and different touch for everyday life

Ingredients

– 200g shitake

– 200 g shimeji

– 1/2 onion

– 2 cloves of garlic

– 1 teaspoon of olive oil

– 1 coffee spoon of salt

– 1 tablespoon of Arabic seasoning

– cassava flour

How to do it

Process all ingredients except the olive oil and cassava flour. Put it into a container, mix the oil and flour until it forms a mold. This recipe can be made fried or baked, and leave as much time as necessary to toast both sides

Batter Chiken Burger

Finally, the batter chicken burger is a great choice for those who are tired of red meat or don’t want anything very healthy. Enjoy!

Ingredients

– 600g of Chicken drumstick

– 1 teaspoon lemon juice

– ½ onions

– 2 cloves of garlic

– 1 egg white

– ½ cup of chives

– 1 coffee spoon of pepper

– 1 egg

– 1 tablespoon of salt

– 100g of wheat flour

– 200g of panko flour

How to do it

1. Remove the bone and clean the drumsticks

2. In a processor put the onion and the garlic clove, grind for 20 seconds. Add the meat and turn on for another 20 seconds

3. Add the pepper, lemon juice, and egg white. Process for another 10 second

4. Incorporate the chopped chives using a spoon. Transfer the dough to a container and freeze

5. Bread with egg, wheat flour, egg, and panko flour in this order

6. Fry in hot oil

————————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Helena Leite.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Ana Carolina Lamussi

Casper Libero '24

.