Halloween Is Here: #3 Amazing Horror Books That Will Make You Alert At Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Spooky season has arrived and the best way to get in the mood, besides wearing costumes and watching thriller movies, is to read that good old horror book. So, thinking about your “non-sleep” nights, Her Campus Casper Libero has chosen three books that will make you shiver down your spine.

1. The Shining, Stephen King

The Shining – Amazon.

Jack Torrance is a writer and an alcoholic who after having some money issues, he takes the job as a janitor at the Overlook Hotel. Jack, his wife Wendy, and his son Danny move into the hotel, but what no one told him when he submitted his application for the job, was that supernatural forces were all around the building and ready to play with him and his family psychologically.

This book was the first Stephen King best-seller, the master of horror. Launched in 1977 and with a movie in 1980, directed by Stanley Kubrick, starring Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall, the story of Jack and his family at the haunted hotel will make you think many times before closing your eyes to sleep.

2. Hell House, Richard Matheson

Hell House – Amazon.

Be prepared to enter an adventure with four people hired for one week by a millionaire to investigate the possibility of life after death in the Belasco House, knowed as the most haunted house of the world. The house is called “Hell House” because of the strange and supernatural things that happens there. This book is about the research and the haunted house mistery that at some point turns one against each other. The detail writing will keep you with your eyes open and maybe it will take some time to close them out.

3. Pet Sematary, Stephen King

Pet Semetary – Amazon.

Another one from the horror master, Pet Sematary is one of the most terrifying Stephen King’s books. It is about a little town called Ludlow, where the kids has a habit to bury their pets after they die. Without knowing this, one family moves in to an old house near the cemetery, and what they do not know is thaw everything that is bury there comes back to live, causing chaos in their lives. 

These three books are so good that they deserve to be read even when it is not Halloween times! Hope you enjoy them and have good (or bad) dreams!

The article above was edited by Isabella Gomes.
Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

She's 20, survives every morning after a big cup of coffee. Loves pets more than humans and in her free time, she just goes around with a camera, taking pictures of whatever she sees.