Style > Fashion

Grammy Awards 2022 And The Red Carpet Highlights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

This year, once again, the artists stood out in the visual, mixing different brands, colors, prints and styles, letting creativity flow through fashion. The 64th Annual Grammy Awards took place in Los Angeles on April 3rd, and believe me, the glow of the trophies wasn’t the only thing shining on the red carpet! Check out some of the night’s chic highlights that will leave you speechless for their stunning style and authenticity.

Doja Cat

Doja has definitely proved that she is a fashion queen by nature! Wearing a long mint green mermaid dress by Atelier Versace, the singer attended the event with attitude. To top it off, there could be no lack of sparkle, given by the overlay bodysuit made of Swarovsky crystals. Still, do you want more? Cat completed the look with a Corpeni X Reven bag made of a somewhat unusual material: glass! And still stuffed with caramels and accompanied by a soundbox playing “Woman“, one of Doja’s recent hits, as the soundtrack to her red carpet entry.

Billie Eilish

The “all-black look” by Rick Owens, signed by Andrew Mukamal is responsible for giving Billie Eilish the title of goth diva of the night! To give a final touch to the look, the performer of “Happier Than Ever” bet on sunglasses inspired by the classic movie “Matrix“, delivering impeccable references to the look.

Lil Nas X

Pearls, pearls and more pearls! Lil Nas X‘s concept look, designed by Balmain, was a white matching set, dominated by glitter, diamond and other embellishments. It is worth highlighting the butterflies in the outfit , consistent with the free spirit of the musician. The shoes could not be left behind, leading the singer to adhere to white platforms (enriched with diamonds, of course!).

Lady Gaga

This time, Lady Gaga decided to bet on a more discreet look for the event, which did not involve meat or hats that covered the entire head. Out of the bizarre universe, the diva arrived on the red carpet in a black and white Armani Privé, with a strap and asymmetrical cut. The long train in white fabric and the Tiffany & Co jewels enrich the classic elegant look, showing that glamour will never be a problem for the pop queen.

Dua Lipa

Stepping into a time machine, Dua Lipa took us to 1992, paying homage to Donatella Versace at the Vogue Magazine‘s 100th birthday party, shown on the winter runway of ’92. The all-black dress has a smooth, fitted bottom while above the waist, there are lace, braided straps and gold accents galore. The singer still rocked the stylist’s look, dazzling on the red carpet with her long platinum blonde locks.

Megan Thee Stallion

When it comes to fashion, animal print is always a surefire way to create a powerful and extravagant look. It was this idea that led Megan to bet on Roberto Cavalli’s leopard print dress with a crossbody strap over one shoulder. The inner part of the dress is also highlighted with a luxurious zebra print. To spice up the look, Stallion went out of her way to accessorize, using gold bracelets, rings and earrings.

Chloe Bailey

Did anyone ask for shine around? Because Chloe Bailey listened to the requests and responded with a dress full of silver crystals, joined to a cape of the same style. The singer did not hesitate to enter the red carpet in a Valentino dress, which was adorned with Tiffany & Co. accessories, ranging from hunky silver stud earrings to several midi rings. Walking around in her white platform high heels, Bailey knows what a fashion statement at the Grammys is all about.

Olivia Rodrigo

Basic black is never a fashion mistake, especially when it’s being worn by the wonderful singer Olivia Rodrigo. The Vivienne Westwood dress worn by the diva is a close-to-the-body model, waisted, with a superimposed pink glitter silhouette, which guarantees presence to the look. The long black gloves and the sparkly chokers bring out a gothic princess look that perfectly matches her style of music.

BTS

Women weren’t the only ones to represent the Grammy fashion concept. And the idols from BTS are proof of that! The singers hit the red carpet in monochromatic suits from Louis Vuitton’s Fall 2022 Menswear Collection. J-Hope and Suga wore white, RM and V wore red, Jungkook and Jimin wore blue and Jin wore tan. With different cuts, colors and combinations, the boys proved that it’s not just black that makes a suit.

Halsey

The singer proved once again that she has style and sensuality, parading with a look from Pressiat’s Fall 2022 collection, styled by Law Roach. Tiffany & Co jewellery looked like mere details compared to the proportion of power the diva showcased with her sleek zip-up leather corset, complete with stitched panels and a buttoned-down neckline. The top was paired with a belted, draped black column skirt. And acting as a synonym for elegance, Halsey adhered to a black hat with rounded edges.

Chrissy Teigen, Billy Porter, Tinashe, Saweetie and St. Vincent

50 Shades of Pink could easily serve as the title of this edition’s red carpet. All these artists chose to use this color for their looks, bringing an energizing and sophisticated look. In all its nuances and shades, the “Barbie” look acted as the hallmark of the ceremony, varying in cuts, models and brands. From Gucci to Valentino, the color will no doubt be adhered to as a fashion trend after that glimpse at the Grammys.

_________________________________________

The article above was edited by Rafaela Bertolini.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Mariana do Patrocínio

Casper Libero '25

journalism student. aquarius. art lover. fashion addict. yoga practitioner. traveler.