This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Italy is a lovely place and here are some amazing spots you can’t miss if you’re going to visit the country soon.

Rome

The Capital of Italy is full of ancient history, both Rome structures and also the Vatican city. A list of things you can’t miss are: the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel.

Venice

Located in Northern Italy, the city of romance offers beautiful sunsets and gondola rides in the canal. You can also do different things like exploring the italian cousine with a food tour that you can book with locals or have a walk at the Piazza San Marco, which is a very popular public square.

Florence

Florence is home to the 3rd largest Christian Church in the world, so the Santa Maria del Fiore is a must see. The main attraction are the art museums, the Uffizi Gallery and the Academia, which is one of the world’s most famous. Last but not least, don’t forget to enjoy a lot of pizza and wine in one of the many good restaurants that the city offers.

Milan

Milan is known as the fashion capital of the world. If you are looking to spend your money in high fashion stores like Versace and Prada, this is the perfect place. After all the shopping you must stop at the Cathedral Piazza del Duomo, which is famous for the astonishing architecture and the lovely public square.

Amalfi Coast and Capri

For gelatto and beach lovers, Amalfi is the place to go. You can indulge in the pebble beaches or visit the pastel coloured houses in the streets of a historic town that offers small shops and a beach side italian cousine.

Capri is an island for amazing scenic views. You can rent a private boat or go on a tour that takes you from Amalfi to the island. The Blue Groto is a famous attraction that captures the tourist with its sparkling blue waters

Sicily

You can visit the Vallei dei Templi where a complex of greek temples is located, see the Etna volcano with a guide, go to the ancient theatre of Taormina and take a boat to the surrounding islands that offer clear water beaches.

Cinque Terre

In this quaint city you can visit their national park and take in the amazing views and watch the sunset. Go cliff jumping and swimming with the locals. Also exploring the vineyards above town are an experience you will love to have as Italy is known for its great wine.

Pompeii

If you are a lover of history this is the place to see where one of the most famous tragedies went down. Pompeii is a city frozen in time where you can check out the forum that was the center of social life in the city, the garden of fugitives which has bodies that didn’t make out alive and are turned to stone and even a brothel that still has the stone beds intact.

Pisa

Where one of the most famous italian attractions is located, the Pisa tower. You can go and take the famous picture holding the leaning tower, but you also have to see the walking street that holds many small shops and the local market so you can do a picnic lunch in the grass around the Pisa tower.

Naples

The birth place of the Neapolitan Pizza, so it’s practicly mandatory to eat this world famous dish when you get there. Wander around the historic center and you can even book a guide to help you around.

Are you ready to visit these amazing places?

happy, outgoing and a journalism student! for any contact: juliana.r.florido@gmail.com
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.