Getting Well Dressed in a Boring Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Here in Brazil, summer is getting closer, together with its rainy and gloomy days. Since we do not have the seasons very clear, we are heaving A LOT of rain right now, as well a northern continents with their autumn weather. Although rain sound makes sleeping even better, the down side is IT MAKES SLEEPING EVEN BETTER. It is incredibly unfair that in such amazing weather to stay in, watch Netflix and sleep all day long we have to wake up and go to class.

If, like me, you wish you could get the day off to stay cozy in bed every time it’s chilly outside and end up being late for your appointments, here’s a few tips so you can get appropriate and quickly dressed up.

GO BASIC

This is pretty much the rule for any time you’re dressing in a hurry: black, white, jeans. This narrows down the possibilities of clothing and makes sure you won’t get the matching wrong.

GET WARM

Normally rainy days drop the temperature a little, so remember to include jackets and jumpers in your look. Take advantage of turtlenecks and scarves that can help you with the cold without necessarily dressing up too many layers of clothes. Beanies and other hats can be a great use because they make you cozy and protect your hair from the rain.

ALL ABOUT THE SHOE

Wet feet can doubtlessly RUIN your day. So, always choose closed shoes like boots, and prefer materials like rubber and leather that won’t be ruined by water so easily and will keep your feet warm no matter what. Also, choose flat shoes – heels are not a very good idea since they can make you slip and fall over.

RAIN TIPS

First of all DO NOT FORGET AN UMBRELLA. They literally decide whether you’re having a bearable day or a total disaster. Secondly, try to go out with waterproof backpacks and purses. Many times, they end up out of the umbrella’s reach and that can make your materials and other stuff get soaked.

I hope these tips will make easier to dress up comfortable and stylish even under a lot of rain. Still, make sure to have some fun too. Wear colorful scarves, necklaces, bags and others in order to light up your black and white look. Also, enjoy taking rain accessories out of the closet and choose fun and colorful ones to cheer the day up. You can go from funny umbrellas and Disney character’s boots to transparent raincoats and animal ears hats. Anything to make things sunnier. Have a nice rainy day ;)

Isadora Stelmach

Casper Libero

Nineteen and majoring in journalism at Casper Libero University. Fashion nerd, pop culture crazy. Loves São Paulo city, where she lives, and specially Paulista Avenue, where she studies and resides. To know more about her, google pisces zodiac sign definition.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.