Get To Know Evan Peter’s Work Besides His Terror/Crime Roles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The internet is all about Evan Peters and his thrilling performance as the serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer in the new Netflix series “Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story”. Despite attracting the attention of true-crime lovers, it’s not the first time that Peters’ fans noticed how well he does in the role of a psychopath. He is known for his iconic dark and enigmatic characters in Ryan Murphy’s serie American Horror Story, like Tate Langdon in “American Horror Story: Murder House” and even Charles Manson in “American Horror Story: Cult”.

Even though he is highly praised for his performance in the horror genre, anyone who thinks that the actor’s career began in thrillers couldn’t be more wrong. Acting since 2004, the award-winning artist is known for playing diverse and intense characters. We’ve gathered 10 movies and series for everyone who wants to know a little more about Evan Peters’ work!

Kick-Ass

Passionate about comic books, teenager Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson) decides to reinvent himself as a superhero. Regardless of having no special powers, he puts on a costume, names himself “Kick-Ass” and starts fighting crime with the help of his friends. Among them, Todd, Evan’s character.

The director Matthew Vaughn takes advantage of his total freedom over the project to go beyond mere uncompromising play, presenting Kick-Ass as a deep cinematic vision of the geek world. Dave, being seen as an ordinary teenager find, in the comic book heroes’ sense of justice, the motto to become one of them

Pose

In season 1 of Pose, he played Stan, a man who moves with his family to New York in the 80’s searching for a better life. He then meets Angel (Indya Moore), one of the protagonists of the series, and starts a new romance that gets him into trouble and doubts.

Pose portrays the reality of the LGBTQIA+ communities in the 80’s. The experience of minorities, such as gays, transvestites, transsexuals and foreigners are the protagonists of the plot. Produced by Ryan Murphy (like American Horror Story), Bad Falchuk, Steve Canals and trans writer Janet Mock, Pose remains one of the most important series of the current generation. 

Mare of Easttown

In Mare of Easttown, a detective (Kate Winslet) from a small town in Pennsylvania decides to investigate the murder of a local citizen. At the same time, she tries not to let her personal problems cause her life to fall apart around her. Evan’s character comes in to help the policewoman in the process. 

His performance was acclaimed and earned him an Emmy in 2021 for Outstanding Supporting Actor. In his speech, Peters thanked his parents for allowing him to travel to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. “You guys were crazy for doing that, but today we’re going to drink tonight!”, he joked.

X-men

In the films: X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) and X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)., the actor gives life to the character Mercury, son of Magneto and brother of Wanda.

Peters also participated in WandaVision (2021), reprising his role in the Marvel Studios series focused on the story of Wanda Maximoff and Vision.

ADULT WORLD

Amy (Emma Roberts) has just graduated from college and believes her destiny is to be a great poet. However, she ends up working at a sex shop. It was in this film that Evan — who plays Alex in the production — met Emma Roberts, his ex-fiancée.

While watching this film, you can notice a comedy not so discreet and sometimes even eccentric, and, on the other hand, the movie manages to have space for the existential conflict of the central character, Amy. Whether you like Adult Life or not, it provides reflections about adulthood with a lot of authenticity.

The Office

With an hilarious participation, the actor showed his versatility and made us have a good laugh playing Michael Scott’s half-nephew in season seven.

In the first episode of the season, called Nepotism, Dunder Mifflin meets its newest intern: Luke Cooper, played by Evan Peters.

However, Cooper did not get the job at the paper company because of his competence or great references, but because he was Scott’s nephew, who only employed the young man to please his sister. To make an already unpleasant situation worse, Cooper was a very bad employee, so bad that the firm’s employees begged the intern to be fired.

The article above was edited by Lethicia Lioi.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero for more!

Anna Maria Prado

Casper Libero '25

Just a latin american girl who loves books, musical theater and pasta. My grandpa once said writing is like traveling: once you do it once, you never want to stop. I could not agree more. You can find me at @annaprad_ or anna.silvaprado@hotmail.com