Style > Fashion

Fresh Blood In Fashion: Harris Reed, Nensi Dojaka And Others Rising Designers You Should Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

harris reed

He is on the lead of fluid fashion, Harris Reed was discovered by people like Harry Styles and the fashion direction of Gucci, Alessandro Michelo while he was still a student at Central Saint Martins. His brand is described as “Romanticism bone nonbinary”, with a lot of drama that defies gender and champions incluisitiy. 

He also gained a lot of highlight by his platform boots, extravagant hats, and hair pieces. In the ‘Met Gala 2021’, he dressed people like Iman, and was a huge success.

supriya lele

Supriya Lele, is an Indian-British designer and her brand was launched in 2016.  In 2020, she was one of the LVMH’s finalists – the prize fund was split evenly between the eight nominees – and her designers were already used by Dua Lipa, Adwoa Aboah and Bella Hadid

Lele’s designs have the perfect combination of traditional fabrics like dupion silk, with asymmetrical cuts, distressed tailoring and bold prints. This creates the ideal chic minimalism and tasteful maximalism.

nensi dojaka

The Albanian designer Nensi Dojaka moved to London when she found a place in the illustrious Central Saint Martins design school. Her designs references 90s aesthetics, experimenting with sheer fabrics and asymmetric shapes. 

She definitely caught our eye at the London Fashion Week that happened in february. But when Bella Hadid wore a look from Dojaka’s AW 20 collection to the VMA awards, Nensi quickly got the status of the new ‘it-girl’ label.  

Dojaka references Helmul Lang, Ann Demeulemeester, and Alessandro Dell’acqua as the designers that she personally admires. On her website, the designers list her main goal for the label to be “to repaint the image of women; showing both sides: the vulnerability, but mainly the strength that characterizes them”

peter do

Peter Do launched his iconic brand in 2018. The bio in his website says “Peter Do is a uniform for modern women, founded on tailoring, construction, and fine textiles”. The refined simplicity even in words, perfectly defines the designer. 

He is well known for having worked under Phoebe Philo at Céline, however in a very short amount of time has established himself as a major newcomer in the fashion space. Do’s innovatives designs and inspired approach to minimalism set him apart from everything else.

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Larissa Mariano.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Marina Ponchio

Casper Libero '24

Encantada pelo poder de contar histórias