timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Wonderful (And Not Very Famous) Places In São Paulo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

When people think about São Paulo, the first image that usually come to their minds are: a big city, full of buildings, cars, busy people and pollution. But the truth is that SP is much more than that. It’s absolutely easy to have fun in this gray (just kidding!) city. Check it out some wonderful places for you to visit.

#1 Breaklab

This suggestion is for those who want to put the rage out. Break Lab is a pub located at the Itaim Bibi neighborhood. In this place people can not only have fun, drink and eat with friends, but also hit in objects until its complete destruction. There is a room for that called “Quarto da Raiva” (Rage Room, in English). You just have pay a price between R$ 39,90 and R$ 49,90 – depending on the object you choose – and then you’re free to start the punches session. It’s difficult to leave the place at the same level of stress you were when arrived.

#2 Solo Sagrado de Guarapiranga

If you are the kind of person who likes zen tours and appreciate the contact with nature, Solo Sagrado de Guarapiranga is a great place for you to go. This messianic temple in São Paulo is a very beautiful park on the banks of Guarapiranga Dam – and has conquered the title of one of the biggest nature contemplation parks in Brazil. People usually go there to practice yoga and meditation or to watch other’s religious events. There is also a cultural center with a lot of expositions and courses.

#3  Capivari-Monos Enviromental Reserve

Capivari-Monos is an environmental reserve in the south region of São Paulo. There are waterfalls, crystaline rivers and three guarani indigenous villages – Curucutu, Morro da Saudade e Rio Branco. The forest area has 251 km² and is rich in natural paradises and amazing landscapes. People can practice radical sports there, like water trekking, ducking and bouy cross. Go there and put more adventure in your life!  

#4 Casa Modernista

This house was projected by the Russian architect Gregori Warchavchik in 1927. It’s one of the most important marks of the modern architecture in Brazil. The residence was build to be the place in which the architect and his wife Mina Klabin would live. Back then, the house caused a big impact in the intellectual circles – positive and negative -, because of the new aesthetic orientation of the building. It’s a good program for those who love art history and appreciate beautiful and original buildings.

#5 Casa de Francisca

Casa de Francisca is the smaller concert’s house in São Paulo. Located in an ancient mansion in the city’s downtown, the place promotes musical presentations every week. It’s a wonderful opportunity for nostalgic people who appreciate a nostalgic atmosphere You can also enjoy the delicious food of the restaurant situated the top floor.

São Paulo is really a spectacular city with many unknown and great places. Prepare yourself to visit this city and see all this places and much more!

a heart moved by art
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.