Five Real Fashion Shows at SPFW N44

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Between the days 27th and 31st of August, São Paulo hosted the main Brazilian fashion event, São Paulo Fashion Week (SPFW). This edition, number 44, will be memorable. Not only for the expressive number of music shows that happened inside the Bienal, place of the event, but also because of the singular fashion show that some brands have performed. We listed five of them that we think were simply extraordinary!

Sensorial and fashion experience

Paula Raia’s parade was, no doubts, the most memorable of SPFW N44. The stylist hasn’t just developed a collection, but has resignified the term “fashion show”. Dresses, transparency and a lot of ruffle, all of this in tones of millennial rose, have gain a sensorial appearance because of the way she has chosen to use the local. A big pretty house with many windows and rooms, all of them with pink lights, was the catwalk of the models, who exhibited the clothes while were dancing an artistic performance. The people invited had to wear linen pink robes to visit the installations and contribute to the zen (and pink) atmosphere. Despite this promising experience, many of them found it a little bit disorganizing and superficial. Such a pity! :(

Credits: ZéTakahashi’s website

When underwear turns to be outwear

Inspired by the Victorian Age, Helô Rocha rescued nightdresses and lingeries from that time. Buffers sleeves, high and defined waists and fluttering fabrics creates a species of Brazilian haute couture. The finesse of the pieces enables them to be used like outwear clothes without seeming vulgar or extravagant. 

Credits: ZéTakahashi’s website

The real mix and match

If there is someone who is an expert in “mix and match”, this person is Patricia Bonaldi. In her new collection for one of her brands, PatBo, the art of mixing prints was exhibited with mastery. Plaid pieces matched with striped or floral ones and a mix of materials, like straw and linen, that brought the spectators back to the beaches of 20’s to 90’s. It may seems overpast, but the maximalist embroideries contributed to give it an appearance of something very modern and new. 

Credits: ZéTakahashi’s website

Natural beauty is the new trend

Releasing his first collection of beachwear, Ronaldo Fraga, one of the biggest genius of Brazilian fashion, has submerged on the 20’s beaches too, when the pieces were bigger and more conservatives than nowadays. All of the productions blended black or white with tones of millennial rose, which has everything to be the color of 2018’s summer. Without abandoning his typical engagement, the stylist has chosen a very diversified casting: models with very different ages and body shapes, some of them with beards, tattoos or piercings. Ronaldo focused on valorizing the natural beauty of each one and rocked with it – as he always does. 

Credits: ZéTakahashi’s website

Where is Alexandre Herchcovitch?

The last one is not a featured like the others, but the absence of one. Alexandre Herchcovitch, maybe the biggest Brazilian fashion icon, hasn’t appeared on the official SPFW calendar for the first time since 2003. Despite it, he found a way to continue being the center of attention. His brand, À La Garçonne, showed its new summer collection at Theatro Municipal de São Paulo, on Saturday, 26th of August, one day before the official opening of SPFW N44. The atmosphere of the local, one of the main tourist places of São Paulo, has contributed a lot to the singularity of the spectacular parade. 

Credits: ZéTakahashi’s website

Isabella Wasser

Casper Libero

Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.